Who can beat the evolutionary virus game.

TetsuoShima

I haven't yet managed to kill all inhabitants of the world. There's allways one region that locks it's borders before I get to them.

Mutate your virus to kill the world, that is the task, you have fairly little influence over the spread of the disease except for manipulating the virus.

Have fun killing the world (!= easy)

http://www.crazymonkeygames.com/playnewpandemic.php

Guest Mrthumps

I managed to get North and South america and central europe before the boarders were shut down.

Add on:

2nd time through I wiped out all but Western Europe

[move]It's the End of days![/move]

proofsp2.th.jpg

LOL, I accidentally overlooked one option that was appearently important enough to make it near impossible to infect the world without it.

Now it's easy.

image72wb6.jpg

I did it in 6 days less the time before this one, but I forgot to take a screenshot in time (too late and you get the endscreen) with no time information.

So, can anyone beat 82 days?

Or maybe a book: "Kill the world in 80 days" or something. :D

The option was (I totally overlooked it): human only... lol

I never unticked it before, best location to start is Afrika, second best is central europe and then western europe, probably because western europe is the toughest to infect.

Fun but the interface could do with giving you a little more feedback, it's not immediately obvious which areas are infected and which aren't, it would be nice if we saw some kind of creeping graphic... that couldn't be too hard. Also, it's a bit ham fisted. Uninfected countries aren't going to close down their public transport.

Still, fun for a little while.

Guest Mrthumps

Fun but the interface could do with giving you a little more feedback, it's not immediately obvious which areas are infected and which aren't, it would be nice if we saw some kind of creeping graphic... that couldn't be too hard. Also, it's a bit ham fisted. Uninfected countries aren't going to close down their public transport.

Still, fun for a little while.

Leave it to you to find something negative about it and complain.

Leave it to you to find something negative about it and complain.

You sound surprised? But it's his opinion. I read a couple of reviews on the game and it does seem to fall as far as interactivity and graphics are concerned. A "creeping graphic" to show how far the infection has spread in the world would be really cool.

Surely even in your mindset, having a negative opinion is still a few rungs above "I don't like your opinion". It's not as if I said "it sucks" I offered an articulate criticism.

I enjoyed the game and it's good for what it is but it's not perfect and I'm not going to say it is just because you can't stand to hear me offer opinions that might not coincide with your own.

I managed to eliminate the human race. I assume there is some level of random chance involved in spreading to the other countries but the most important aspect is increasing infectivity while keeping it relatively non-lethal. Then as soon as you get all areas infected - max out lethality and POW!

My best time for beating the game is 89 turns. Once you know the secret to infecting every country, it's easy to exterminate humanity in the allotted time.

However since spreading to other continates is MOSTLY left to chance (there is only so much you can activlly do) it gets a little frusterating when your clicking GO over and over again, and nothing is happening, except your spendable points going up.

I did (undid mankind) it in 87 days.

With 'luck' I could have made it in 80-85 turns, but after 5-10 clicks on 'GO' and not infecting the last corner of Earth (Western Europe) is frustrating and then the borders close (several times) and game over... >:(

Another approach I tried might be able to do it in less than 80 turns, but I figure it would take a huge amount of luck and persistance (which I have neither of ;) to erase mankind.

• 1 month later...