Stargate Atlantis 3x20 [First Strike]

TFMF

hehe,

I twas indeed a fantastic run of special FX.

I agree with most; I think they rushed the storyline through..

..but it must have taken them all year just to get those Fx rendered.

Now, i can't seem to find the old post, but..

.. i remember, during the first season I/we was predicting that Atlantis would launch into space.

It always seemed the logical progression to the series.

Atlantis, a city lost at sea / in space

(Oh Oh, Danger Will Robinson...)

I can't wait for the jokes next season..

.. I can hear it now.

"Danger Dr.McKay! DANGER!!!"

;D

• 3 weeks later...

What I want to know is how the orbiting gate became the dominant one. Since Atlantis had a dialing computer, that gate should have needed a "standard" DHD to become dominant (As established in SG-1)

I really hope they get that anti-replicator satellite working (I wonder why the Asguard won't loan them one again, or at least help them finish it, considering the supposed seriousness of the situation). Then they can finally dispose of the damn things and get back to the Wraith...

It was definitely contrived to have them all of a sudden be able to submerge the city (Didn't Sheppard suggest that in the season 1 finale? "It's not a yo-yo", as McKay put it), to say nothing of being able to fly it.

Needing the shield to contain the atmosphere is definitely stupid. Who designs a space ship that isn't air tight? ??? ::)

We've had people from all over sci-fi on Stargate now... TNG, VOY, Firefly (x2), Farscape (x2), Andromeda... there you go.

From TNG I'm guessing you're talking about Colm? In that case you should also mention Enterprise (Michale = Trip) ;)

• 6 months later...

I liked the episode but , there military tactics baffled me, my idea would have been to wait until they could get the anti-replicator big enough to wipe out the whole planet in one shot then go in and take all there cool technology(ZPM's and the like).  Anyone else think that would have been a smarter move?