Niteshire Second Coming.

Megalith

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I drew up a blueprint of what would have to be done to automate this game last night, immeditelly after I posted.

Although no one part is all that hard to do by themselves (it all boils down to having a small database, and making calls to it), having three sets of time based mechanichs (When the wolves can kill, executing the kill, when the seer can see, and when votes are allowed), was confusing enough just to describe in the outline, nevermind getting it coded.

I'll probabally work on the game on and off just a s a fun side project, but since theres no ovewhelming demand for it, I'm not gonna be pulling all nighters rushing for a release.

besides the weak point would definatelly be having a known cheater like TFMF having read/write access to the database, and unfairly knowing who was what.

besides the weak point would definatelly be having a known cheater like TFMF having read/write access to the database' date=' and unfairly knowing who was what.[/quote']

::) ;D

Besides, it removes the fun if you cheat.

I wouldn't mind joining up despite being new to the forum and not really knowing anyone yet.

Probably be a good way for me to get to know the folks here.

Yeah i agree, great way to get to know ppl, and yes your in :)

still a few days for ppl to register before the game starts, i wont however be letting others in after the start and possibly increasing the number of fiends. an inspector would work tho, This player would be known to everybody after the first 'murder' and will possibly become a meal early on, think I'll incorporate the idea. Any potential inspectors PM me and i will pick them randomly from applicants.

Course you can :) hope you dont get eaten first this time round too.[br]Posted on: February 08, 2007, 07:27:58 PM

Players in for the next game so far:-

TetsuoShima

neomaster

TFMF

Hilander72

Bones2097

S0V13T

gatherhade

mupi

Keyser Soze

QUEENSPOCK

Cool its starting to look like a good list of players now :) The Rules have been altered to be more ambiguous with any reference to werewolf being replaced by fiend, and mauled replaced by murdered or killed. The fiends will be allowed to choose what kind of fiend they are and could potentially be different to each other.

[br]

TetsuoShima

neomaster

TFMF

Hilander72

Bones2097

S0V13T

gatherhade

mupi

Keyser Soze

QUEENSPOCK

NiteShdw

Ya, it would be like a single thread forum as the main body of the page, with an auto updated playerlist (with icons showing you who got killed /  voted out, who's the wolves if your the seer, etc), special killer / seer / admin controls, on a sidebar.

And at the top of the page would be a timer counting down to the next event (wolf makes another kill / a vote is finalized, etc)

Like I said, t would be a lot of easy to make small modules to make one unified game interface.

I'll make a thread about the proposed software later on today after I finalize my notes, and we can all move the talk about it to there and do what we do best in this thread: ACCUSE EACH OTHER OF BEING A WEREWOLF!

lol cant wait for the accusations to start flying again :) whoever and for that matter whatever the fiends are

could you post a link on this thread S0V when you get it sorted, many here would like to be involved to some level in this project :)[br]Posted on: February 08, 2007, 08:24:05 PM

Inspector? They'd be killed on the first go Shocked

maybe maybe not in reality it would just be a role technically the inspector could be the fiend. The inspector would be allowed to question people one a day by asking in the forum (any player being questioned can of course use the right of remaining silent). If the fiends do the job well then the inspector would be useless and not need killing. I have however had no volunteers to be an inspector lol

Course you can :) hope you dont get eaten first this time round too.[br]Posted on: February 08, 2007, 07:27:58 PM

TetsuoShima

neomaster

TFMF

Hilander72

Bones2097

S0V13T

gatherhade

mupi

Keyser Soze

QUEENSPOCK

I better not get eaten in the first round