Key 9/11 suspect confesses guilt

Hilander72

The alleged mastermind of the 9/11 attacks has confessed to his role in them, and 29 other terror plots around the world, the Pentagon says.

"I was responsible for the 9/11 operation, from A to Z," said Khalid Sheikh Mohammed in a transcript of a US hearing at Guantanamo Bay prison camp.

Read more at the source: BBC News

I'm only guessing, but if he's guilty of the 9/11 act of terrorism, then why not take credit for every act of terrorism ever commited... :-\

I hope this guy gets a fair trial... ::)

hmmm how can any confession made at Guantanamo bay be regarded as a confession in any legal sense of the word, any lawyer worth his salt would argue that the confession was given under duress and as such it should not stand in a court of law. Any jury who finds a man guilty based on this evidence would be proving they are prejudicial and unreliable. If he confesses in court fair enough but tbh i do not regard it as a confession ???

"Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia"

ummmm...whats ya point ???

o.O... Oh, nothing... it's only a comment based on a description of a broken world that sometimes hits home in disturbing ways when compared to contemporary politics, especially when it comes to ruling by fear and by control of information.  Geez, I can't believe anyone hasn't even -heard- of '1984' by George Orwell.  Anyways, if you've heard the phrase "Big Brother is watching you!", that's also from '1984'.

If it helps any, there's also a movie version of it. ^^

As for that confession... yeah, I'd say duress is the word of the day.  I wonder if any of them confessed to being Donald Duck, or having five fingers*?

---

* If this confuses you, I'm not counting the thumb as a finger... it's so important, it deserves it's own thumby status. ^^)

ahh just check it out...

well we didn't read animal farm at our school, other wise i would have heard of him....

a shame.. we were forced to read Jane Austin....

:(

Ouch... how was it?  I still haven't gotten to that one.  (is betting painful.)

Anyways, Here is some full text versions of 1984 and Animal Farm.  Now your only excuse is laziness!  ... well, or disinterest, or lack of time... ;p

"People simply disappeared, always during the night. Your name was removed from the registers, every record of everything you had ever done was wiped out, your one-time existence was denied and then forgotten. You were abolished, annhilated: vaporized was the usual word." â€â€pg 20

...need more reasons to be paranoid in this day and age?

Guantanamo and torture aside, this Khalid fellow already knows he is fuc##d, so why not go down in history as the mastermind of 9/11? In fact, the same reasoning could be applied to Bin Laden or any other nut caveman who's being accused of something they wish they had done.