America - I am going soon yay

QUEENSPOCK

hey folks in like 2 weeks i am going to America. It is my first time over there. I am going to New York and Washington. I was just wondering if there is any like good shops anyone could recommend in those 2 places where i am going and even some restuarants. Also tips for the plane would be greatly appreiciated. Now folks I am not talking about clothes or shoe shops I am talking about the more superior shops which sell trek stuff or basically anything sci fi or any game shops. I am aware there is a forbidden plannet there somewhere

thanks for your time ;D

from all the previous chatter, I thought you were already here in the states....

Having visited Washington D.C. only once myself, the Smithsonian did have a very nice Trek display ...once. Rarely ate out, I was staying at a friend's relative's home in Manassas. My day tours included the National Cemetary in Arlington, the Smithsonian, the FBI building, the Capitol building, and a long walk along the Mall looking at the Lincoln Memorial and Washington Monument.

The Arlington National Cemetary was very inspiring to a geek like myself. JFK is there with his eternal flame. The U.S. president that moved us towards the moon. The Challenger Memorial was very sad but still inspirational. Real space travelers giving their lives to push humanity into the future.

If you never find any other single thing to take home, bring a camera and take home some great memories.  :)

Guest c4evap

You asked for tips for the plane...well, I can tell you one thing. If you should happen to see someone you know and his name is Jack...well, better not say hi to him!

:P ~beg pard...could not resist!

You asked for tips for the plane...well, I can tell you one thing. If you should happen to see someone you know and his name is Jack...well, better not say hi to him!

:P ~beg pard...could not resist!

lol,

seriously, airlines are very strict these days, leave shampoo bottles and such at home. buy supplies after you arrive. expect long lines at the airport. bring a book or ipod.

Guest c4evap

Oh...and don't leave any valuables in your stowed away luggage. Things have been known to mysteriously disappear in and around US airports (must be rats...baggage handlers would never, ever steal anything  :P  ). And expect to pay top dollar for cheap quality goods. Welcome to America! LOL.

B)

Guest c4evap

I'm about 1.5 hrs from NYC. Maybe if you take a wrong turn you might run into me upstate! OUCH! LOL.

You know what would be really, really cool? If we could all meet face to face someday. I think that would be great!

B)

i hope to visit the states soon (probably next year though) would be staying in Chicago if i do (yeah i know i'm a glutton for punishment lol) well my gf is from Illinois so it is a logical thing to do ;) as for meeting up it would be really cool if it happened c4 i agree :) perhaps a date and a place should be arranged and see who can make it. Maybe a meeting in the UK somewhere would be good (so long as its not London as London really is expensive).

[me=TFMF]remembers the NiteShdw that was planned all those years ago...[/me]

I somehow managed to miss the most important word in that sentence. I'll start again:

[me=TFMF]remembers the NiteShdw CONVENTION that was planned all those years ago...[/me]

::)