Battlestar Galactica 3x20 Crossroads, Part 2

Hilander72

[move]Spoiler Alert ... ... ... This thread is a discussion about above and below mentioned episode and may contain spoilers ... ... ... Spoiler Alert ... ... ... You have been warned ... ... ...[/move]

crossroads-part-2-small.jpg

Off topic nonsense is in violation of Colonial Law and will be dealt with accordingly.

Air Date: Sunday March 25 (on

SciFi)

Baltar's trial leads to vicious betrayals and new alliances ... but who are the Final Five Cylons?

Fantastic episode, although some questions remain (aside from asking - what the hell was with the music?):

Is Starbuck one of the final five?

Are the other four going to sabotage the ship etc etc?  In essence, how will they deal with their new found identities?

How long will it take to get to Earth?

It's set up for a great 4th season/telefilm, with the prospect of some decent flak-barrier, viper shooting battles, which I've missed so very much.

Fantastic episode, although some questions remain (aside from asking - what the hell was with the music?):

I'm guessing they're receiving radio waves from Earth. They're close to Earth but how close is difficult to judge. Those waves could've been sent centuries ago. What I want to know is, what do I win for positively identifying one of the final five 8 episodes beforehand? ;)

Amazing episode! B) Even the pardon was remembered. I think the music was some sort of transmission from somewhere within the nebula to "activate" the final five. A switch like Roslin's assistant Chief Tyrol said. One final five still missing, though. Starbuck? That'd make sense. She wasn't on board Galactica, thus she couldn't meet the others...

So the Chief's child is a hybrid just like Hera? Or Cally could still be the missing final five? Oh, so many questions... No wonder the Chief didn't blow up the Eye of Jupiter temple. Tigh being a Cylon is so frakked up it makes sense! Ha, ha!

Too bad season 4 is so far away! >:( ;D

Definitely interesting... and we have to wait almost a year for it to be continued (barring the TV movie).

Tigh as a Cylon... that was a surprise but it was hinted at. When Xena sees the faces of the five, she says sorry... I assume it's to Tigh for him having his eye taken out.

Starbuck, well - I'd have been surprised if she hadn't come back... I just hope that by the time the show returns, it's more focused. BSG is still a great show but season 2 and 3 both had their high points and then, it seemed to take them some time to work out where they were going from there. Not like a build up... but just kind of a listless period.

It was nice to see Lee going - EVERYONE GETS LET OFF EVERYTHING. It's pretty much what happens in every show... gross insubordination and disobeying of direct orders etc.  but in Galactica, there's actually a reason for that.

I think the music was some sort of transmission from somewhere within the nebula to "activate" the final five.

If it was just some random music written exclusively for the show, maybe. But "All Along the Watchtower" written by Bob Dylan and made famous by Hendrix? Where else could it be coming from but Earth?

First of all...wowww as much as I dare say I think Apollo was actually right in the trail and adama did vote correctly.

As for Ty, Cheif, the presidents assistance, starbucks husbands, some how I still dont think they are,  Just because they think they are the 4 of the final 5 does not actually make them that.  Also who is the final one?? sounds strongly like starbuck as her ship blew up and she probably got resurrected, which sounds to damn obvious to me!!

I think the forces of the gods have something to do with this (ala War of the gods from TOS) galactica is facing 4 Basestars + Fighters, the fleets FTL drives are going to take 20 minutes to spin up, something special is gonna have to happen really for them to get out of this.  One another hand they still want boomers/Athena's child alive....christ know really lol...

[br]Posted on: March 26, 2007, 11:55:19 AM

Actually If they are cylons then I should win something as well as I did also say the Chief was one!!

I don't think the writers want us to take things so literally. Anyway, let's wait and see!

Well, I really hope for the sake of the show that's it's literal, otherwise it's just a lame joke that falls flat. Why all of a sudden would they add such a "WTF" moment if it doesn't mean anything, that it's just meant to be music and that's all? What's next? Will Bob Dylan by guesting next season as the last Cylon?

Yes, its Tigh, Anders, Tyrol, Tori, and errrh... Bob Dylan!!!

I can respect that, after Kobol, New Caprica, what can they really do, except an absolute head***k of a cliffhanger. I get the feeling they also had to do it on the cheap as well.

But it gets right to the heart of the most burning issue of each version of the show. What is, where is Earth? (As long as its not the year 1980)

The sheer obserdity of Tigh being a Cylon has to throw a spanner into the works, seeing as he would seem to predate the Cylons as a race. Even if his memories were fabricated proir to Adama meeting him, there has to be something pretty different about the Cylons than we understand, they have kept the nature of the divine intervention/Gods pretty mystical and probably will until any (may we hope) 5th season where it will probably be explained and the show will probably have to wrap. (Hence season 4 providing the build up to that.)

"I've been there." Or whatever, excellent, brings the bite back to something that has of late been failing to draw weekly blood from my skin.

lol...some people think that once they have actually found earth most of the stories if any will be based on that alone...if my memory serves me correct Galactica and the fleet had to act as a decoy so the cylons didnt actually find it (a raider did find it but crashed and they tried building a transmitter but failed)

Yes a decoy of stock footage and clips from Silent Running interspersed with shots of a bearded senile Lorne Greene on a bad mock up of about 1 fifth of the bridge set which had probably been torn down the previous summer when the company that they loaned all the computer screens from demanded they be returned.

Sorry fans, this episode was pants. I timed it and I only really needed to watch it from the 33rd minute............this is when the action starts and we move away from the soap opera. Frankly I dont care who Star Bucks hubby is banging? Do you? I however I find his dated hair style very amusing.

The final five eh.........why not just make everyone in the series we have ever met a cylon? Totally pointless, but no doubt we will establish they are not clyon after all.

Starbuck eh.....nice cheeky return and smile from her. About the only thing I enjoyed.

I wonder how much the special effect of the fleet losing its FTl drive cost.....did this put the series over budget for this season I wonder?

Sorry fans, this episode was pants. I timed it and I only really needed to watch it from the 33rd minute............this is when the action starts and we move away from the soap opera. Frankly I dont care who Star Bucks hubby is banging? Do you? I however I find his dated hair style very amusing.

The final five eh.........why not just make everyone in the series we have ever met a cylon? Totally pointless, but no doubt we will establish they are not clyon after all.

Starbuck eh.....nice cheeky return and smile from her. About the only thing I enjoyed.

I wonder how much the special effect of the fleet losing its FTl drive cost.....did this put the series over budget for this season I wonder?

well the so called 33 minutes shows baltar on trail...and the build up to starbucks husband and the other 3 hearing the music and finding out that they are possibly cylons.

plenty of clues that  those 4 were somehow connected looking back over the last 5 or so episodes. as for the 5th one i dont have a clue. i was left however a little let down by the episode and was hoping for a 10/10 but it was no better tbh to recent episodes so i give it 8/10. Starbuck at the end gave some kind of interest for the next series. I will however hate the wait for the next series hoping it ties up some loose ends regarding the final 5 and starbuck.

My previous reply has mysteriously vanished (pointing finger at responsible admin ::))

Great episode. :)

Certainly made me think over and over about most of what has happened since the beginning. It seems that the Final Five have been around since before the Cylons were created and that the Cylons have somehow discovered their existance through the scripts.

What's happening to Roslin? She's mentioned in the scripts as a dying leader and she had the simultaneous vision with the Cylons, is she the 5th? or is that a side effect of the transfusion or Kamala?

One of my posts suggesting the Cylon ships which showed up in the nebula could be final five ships is also gone... :o ;D Anyway, I'm not sure Roslin is the remaining final five. I suspect it's either Starbuck or Cally. It could be anyone, though. It's probably not even decided yet.