.Hack Franchise

Tablet

Personally i love the animes

Brief summary:

The .Hack series revolves around an MMORPG game called 'The World' and to put it simply different things happen within the game i.e people get downloaded into the game, get rendered unconcious in the real world and stuff, generally each anime series involves a group of users looking for a legendary item called 'the key of the twillight' which is mearly a rumor and explains why no one has found it yet if it exists that is.

.Hack//sign - though drawn out a little had immense character develeopment

.hack//legend of the twillight - too short, too many questions left unanswered - nice to see silver night again

.hack//roots - what i've seen of it it looks very good (not reall objective but i've oly seen the first few eps)

I've also began reading the book .hack//AI buster which takes place before //sign and its set right after the game opens to the public. A strange string of computer code begins to infect AI characters in the game and make then act irrationally, thats why a group of knights are created the thwart this threat...well thats as far as i've gotten

As for the ps2 games, well i dont have a ps2 but i have tried the first and honestly didnt think much of it  :-\

Anybody else seen any of the .hack series'?

• 4 weeks later...

Love .hack  One of my favorite anime series'.  I haven't seen any of .hack//roots yet though :(

As for the games, they're a necessary part of the series.  You really should play them all the way through.  I found them very fun.  At the very least, you should read "Another Birth".  They take place during the game and give you a basic idea of what happens in the games.  All three of them are out now (at least in the US). 

I watched .hack//roots on youtube and I liked it. I felt that .hack//Sign was good. .hack//legend of the twillight was too short, too annoying and too cutesy.

I liked the PS2 games. I thought that there was a good story behind it even if there was not that much.