Heroes 1x19 ".07%" (SPOILERS)

Mav

It was worth the wait.

Peter vs Sylar was good, short but good. I would have expected Peter to slow down time when Sylar made the glass go everywhere, but alas this was a plot point to bring Peter/Nathan/Claire together.

I love the HRG/Matt combo, they work well together. How they managed to get Ted to cooperate I'd love to know, and why is Ted awake all of a sudden? They kept him sleeping for the specific reason that he couldn't use his powers. He's conveniently awake and nuclear powered still? Though the EMP was cool as hell :P

I coulda done with less Jessica/Niki. It was cool to start with but Niki has no power to fight Jessica, she's frakkking helpless.

Nice to see much more of Linderman.

So Sylar does have Eden's power. Not sure if it works right but if you listen to him, he tries out The Voice a couple of times. Issac accepting his fate was great stuff, that was awesome. I'll miss him Sad

Only a couple of minutes of Hiro & Ando? Sad Though to be fair, Hiro and Future Hiro meeting was frakking worth it. "You!" "Me?" Future Hiro sporting a pony tail, sweet.

Yes, 1x19 was worth the wait.

A pretty exciting episode overall.

More than anything, I'm excited about next week's episode.  One great aspect of this show is that they can toy around with alternate realities.  I think it'll be awesome to watch what might happen, and then of course, wait to see how they avoid it!

Keep in mind that everyone thought Peter was a friggin' corpse.  Why bother pulling the glass out?  They didn't know it would bring him back to life.  Claire knew that Peter had her regenerative power, and so she's the only one with a reason to yank it out.  Mohinder was probably too freaked out to think about it.

In fact, they had a good reason not to pull it out... it's gross.  I suspect yanking a piece of glass out of the brain of a relative's corpse is not something one wants to do, and doesn't change the deadness of the body (in most cases. ;))

It was definitely good.  I wonder what Linderman has in store for the kid, and what the Hiros will be talking about. ^^

In fact, they had a good reason not to pull it out... it's gross.  I suspect yanking a piece of glass out of the brain of a relative's corpse is not something one wants to do, and doesn't change the deadness of the body (in most cases. ;))
Mommy Petrelli probably didn't want to get her carpet stained :D

It was definitely good.  I wonder what Linderman has in store for the kid, and what the Hiros will be talking about. ^^

FLYING MAN!!! :D ;D :D

I'd love to hear them both say it! ;D

Missed the show and I still want more! Only four more eps until we get to the epic moment.

Something which has me wondering is Isaac's 'future sight' ability. When he used it he more often painted bad things (when high as speculated), when Peter used it he could finish Isaac's paintings and draw his own, when Sylar obtained it and used it he drew a similar picture to Isaac had done of Nathan but it was corrupted possibly showing Sylar himself in Nathan's place. What I'm getting at was maybe his power had more influence over the events themselves and that in painting them actually fixed them on their course in which case a contradicting piece done through the visions of someone evil opens the door to changing the outcome since both can't be true. Issac's sacrifice means neither Sylar nor Peter can predict the future accurately and Peter might not explode as 'predicted'. In the end it means none of what Isaac drew were bad as they ultimately lead to something good.

Something which has me wondering is Isaac's 'future sight' ability. When he used it he more often painted bad things (when high as speculated), when Peter used it he could finish Isaac's paintings and draw his own, when Sylar obtained it and used it he drew a similar picture to Isaac had done of Nathan but it was corrupted possibly showing Sylar himself in Nathan's place. What I'm getting at was maybe his power had more influence over the events themselves and that in painting them actually fixed them on their course in which case a contradicting piece done through the visions of someone evil opens the door to changing the outcome since both can't be true. Issac's sacrifice means neither Sylar nor Peter can predict the future accurately and Peter might not explode as 'predicted'. In the end it means none of what Isaac drew were bad as they ultimately lead to something good.

I'm wondering if both paintings of the the White House are true. Isaac sees Nathan as the President. Sylar sees himself as the President. What if Sylar kills the shape/realityshifter girl and then masquerades as Nathan?

Another good ep this week. Like Mav said, the battle between Peter and Sylar was short, but it was nice to see Sylar get knocked down once :)

I am wondering what will happen with Issac.

It definitely got more interesting near the end with Hiro and his Future self. Will also be interesting to see what happens with Parkman, Ted and... Mr Bennet (What's his first name again?).

Yep, i agree that next weeks should be very exciting - as always! :D

Unless more time-space stuff goes on, I suspect Isaac's dead.  This series tends to focus on the ordinary aspects as much as the superhero aspects, so I bet Isaac's going to stay dead, and his death may be the key to Sylar's defeat and saving the city (as he seemed to imply before dying.)

Unless more time-space stuff goes on, I suspect Isaac's dead.

Yeah, the only out I can see for Isaac is if future Hiro came back and took him back with him. Then, when he was ready to face his destiny, he was returned to the present. I thought it rather strange that he was all of a sudden so calm. He's usually much more maniac and he was kind of acting like he had actually BEEN to the future rather than had just painted it.

hmmm. It would be a shame to lose Issac. All of the Heroes seem to work really well together. Ah well.

I watched an interview with the actor last night and he mentioned that when hired, he was measured for a plaster cast of his head, he knew he was going to get killed at some point. He also said that he is available if they want him back since Hiro can time-travel. ;)

Isaac had his brain chomped by Sylar - I don't see him coming back. Anyway, I thought it was a worthy conclusion to the cliffhanger... Peter vs. Sylar wasn't quite the all out fight I had hoped... but still, cool. When Sylar did the glass thing I was all OMG! Although, why Surresh didn't just get a hammer and smash Sylar's head in is beyond me.

Also, you should all read the graphic novels, lots of VERY interesting stuff has turned up.

Thinking about it a little, I don't think Sylar has Eden's power. I believe "The Voice" is being used purely for dramatic purposes. When Peter used it when he went against Isaac it didn't appear to have any effect (at least I don't remember it having one) and neither did it when Sylar used it against Peter (not that it would since they may cancel each other out, I don't know). Plus Sylar was distrought when Eden blew her brains out before he could acquire it. Actually, Eden's power didn't work on him at all, so he may be attempting to use some other as yet unknown psychic ability.

Yea but when was Peter near Eden to absorb The Voice?

There are two people he could have absorbed it from; Eden or Sylar. If he got it from Sylar, that means Sylar got it from Eden. If he got it from Eden, I don't remember where the two of them met.

Wait - when did Peter use The Voice?

When he met Issac. It was the scene where Issac tried to shoot down Peter but ended up shooting (what he thought was) his girlfriend by mistake. Peter used the voice because he was really angry with him or somthing like that, i can't remember exactly.

My theory is that Sylar killed / got the power of someone whose only power was to speak wierdly when very angry... and Peter absorbed that power.

(seriously, though... I think it's only for dramatic effect since they only do it when really angry, and nobody actually does what they say at that point... maybe it's something that happens when the person has multiple powers going at once?)