Heroes 1x20 "Five Years Gone"

Mav

Dude...This was so far, the best episode of the season. By far.

I don't even know where to begin, it was just that frakking good.

Future Peter vs Future Sylar, who knows what round number, that was awesome. Yea it was a mega-tease, we only got a small look before Mohindir shut the door but come on...it was sweet, so so sweet. Future Peter was just frakking awesome, he really has mastered his powers.

Future Hiro dying, sad, FRAK THAT, Peter has had to come in contact with Linderman at some point right? HEAL HIRO!

Bennette, definitely a good guy. This episode sealed that in finally. He did the best he could, saved who he could. Matt had to be a dick and kill him ;\

Future Claire is so hot..so so hot. I can't believe she died. sad, frakking Sylar, bad ass yet an uber asshole.

And how were both Hiros able to be in the same place without creating a paradox?

I liked seeing Nathan (really Sylar) fly off, he never gets to use his power Sad (Nathan that is)

LOVED THIS EPISODE

Future Hiro dying, sad, FRAK THAT, Peter has had to come in contact with Linderman at some point right? HEAL HIRO!

Does it really matter? This future isn't ever going to happen anyways.

Great episode. I predicted that it was Sylar impersonating Nathan last week but it's surprising to see how dark Matt might become.

20 great episodes in a row! That's unprecedented as far as I'm concerned. Yeah, maybrick got it right last week about Sylar taking Nathan's place... Congrats! Just to nitpick, though, how the heck Peter got that scarrr?

BTW, I agree with Mav. Claire looks way better as a brunette. ;)

Heroes just never stops, does it? Even when it has a cliffhanger - it often just ends on another. Nothing ever wraps up neatly in 40 minutes. Things happen, people die... things make sense. Interesting to see Hiro's weakness. It's pretty hard to see Hiro going all dark and brooding... but then, I guess bombs do that.

I was actually feeling shades of X-men here - people being treated like 2nd rate citizens and such... although, I suppose that in turn is just an analogy for racism.

They keep teasing us with Sylar vs. Peter and then cutting it short but that's to be expected.

Yeah, what was that? Iceman vs. Pyro mixed with some Matrix? ;D

Yeah I noticed that. Sylar already has the freezing ability (although strangely he never seems to use it) and somewhere along the line he murdered J.D. for his "Kitty Pryde" ability. And Peter must have met Claire's mom. It's a really interesting episode because there's tons of clues as to how they got where they are, but of course none of that matters because none of it will ever happen. There's very little point in telling us the future if it can't be altered, IMO.

This episode was not called "String Theory".

This episode was fantastic. It was great to see the heroes portrayed in a darker light, and to see how things will turn out if they fail.

I loved how Sylar used Nathan to conceal himself and it was sad to think Nathan was probably killed, and that Sylar was slowly killing off the remaining Heroes - Claire + her dad, Hiro and god knows who else. Of course it won't actually happen, but it shows how powerful Sylar is.

This episode really did remind me of Enterprise's "Twilight" (Season 3) - which was also another of my favourite episodes.

Mav - so agree on the Peter/Sylar battle - fantastic to see no matter how short it was.

String Theory was the name of the accompanying graphic novel - where Future Hiro explains more about how he decided that by stopping Sylar regenerate, he'd be able to stop the bomb. Quite why he didn't just decapitate him or something - I don't know.

Nathan probably killed? Definitely, if Sylar had his powers. Let's hope we get to see the two duke it out sooner rather than later... though, I suspect it's something they're holding to the season finale.

This episode was not called "String Theory".

Well, yes and no. Originally, it was called "Five Years Gone" and "String Theory" was the title of one of the online graphic novels. Up till, I think last week, they switched that, the graphic novel issue was called "Five Years Gone" and the episode "String Theory".

As I always do to find the episode title, I look at my digital cable lineup (it has the fancy menu's that let me see what's coming on, small episode summaries of tv shows etc). And this week's episode was listed as "String Theory" from my tv provider. The episode itself, if you saw the title credits, was indeed "Five Years Gone". They must have switched it again at the last minute.

• 2 weeks later...

fantastic episode (fantastic 4?) the future is definitely orange very bright explosive and devestating to .07% :P Sylar/Peter scene was great as was the rescue of Hiro.

So we know now how bad the future can be, will the Heroes be able to prevent this future from happening. I guess the Mantra is now Kill Sylar, Save the world.