You knew this post was coming .........Spiderman 3

Has anyone seen this film yet?

I watched this tonight and I thought it was probably the best Spiderman made so far.

Its odd that this film appears to of been totally panned by the critics. Yes, I admit there is a lot going on in this film but thats not a bad thing.

Great special effects, super character exploration and a bit of love story to keep your girlfriend interested...........what more do you need?

Opinions please.............

The hype was the only thing that made me watch it and I feel a bit disappointed with the story loaded with the usual BS (not that I was expecting anything else in the first place).

If it weren't for the awesome special effects, Sandman in particular, I would have rated it as utter crap, but adding up all the action & entertainment value (+ the hype factor) it's a decent movie, but it's not going on my list of must have DVDs (maybe the directors cut trilogy ;)).

I give it 3 out 5 (= average).

All it needed was him logging onto his computer and posting on myspace to have Sam Raimi get the street cred to go on to do a chick flick.

It's nice that - unlike with other sequels - they've raised the action and the budget but the film just didn't deliver a punch.

Venom was introduced WAYYY too late in the film. We should have had him earlier in... and he should have been truer to the comic book... Him having the same voice as Brock was lame... he just really lacked the menace of Venom. Pretty cool looking but otherwise, I wasn't that impressed with his movie debut... that and the way he got killed off was laughable. Spidey xylophone construction skills!

Sandman had to have the most cliched origin since the 1960. OH NO! A GIANT OUTSIDE SAND ZAPPING DEVICE IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE! Just silly. Plus, he was just so obviously the decent guy stuck in a bad situation. Hence his villain to hero transition was pretty much set in stone.

Goblin was pretty silly too... gets a bomb tossed in his face and then goes "Oh, sorry I thought you killed my father - let us be chums"... coupled with Sandman changing sides... it was just silly.

It just didn't deliver enough action and it was too emo... you could have fallen asleep in the middle and missed nothing.

I dont normally like super hero films (always seem lame) but when I did watch spiderman 1 and 2 I was quite impressed...and do wanna watch the 3rd one regardless if some people say its pants...just to see if i agree

• 2 weeks later...

I seemed to be the only one who loved this....everyone in college thought the whole singing and dancing and all that was not needed.....but it was all his character becoming an ass with fame....

and the greatness that is Bruce Campbell was fantastic....we knew it was him as soon as we saw his hand.... ;D he is a legend.....

There should NOT be a fourth and a fifth film tho.....

NO TOBEY..........NO SPIDEY

spiderman3_300806-1024.jpg