Heroes 1x23 "How to Stop an Exploding Man"

NiteShdw

That is good news ^^ i was hoping that the story would go into the history of the families involved a bit more.

Several hints have been made that imply some kind of controlled breeding perhaps. (Linderman saying he got DL and Nicki together. the cheerleaders real family all have powers).

It cant be coincidence. My only hope is as this story evolves these people aren't the result of some world government secret research programme but instead its more a natural progression of human sapians to homo superiour (can't resist the tomorrow people reference lol) that has been controlled by some powerful people.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the mystery symbol goes back all the way to Imperial Japan?
perhaps even further back. Least you dont have to wait till tomorrow before you can watch it lol. I will be avoiding this forum until i have seen this one lol. damn pond lol.

I got my gf into heroes lol a lil late but she loves it (she was a cheerleader so relates to that).

I NEED TO CHANGE MY PANTS AFTER THAT SEASON FINALE

My gods...everyone got their licks in toward the end there. Niki now has her super strength unlocked, goin after Sylar Wink Hiro comin out of no where stabbing him, and Nathan1?!?!?!?!?!

I totally didn't see Nathan doing what was right. I mean sure he helped DL and Jessica locate Mr. Linderman but past that? I figured he'd high tail it out of NY. I was almost in tears at that moment, that was total beauty right there.

I can tell ya right now, next season at least one of those survived, Peter or Nathan. Nathan might have taken Peter high enough then flew away before he blew up, Peter probably survives the blast and the fall.

Hiro in ancient Japan?!?! frakkking sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. I loved how Ando wanted to help him but he wouldn't sacrifice a friend Sad He is truly a bad ass, he's like this amalgam of Future Hiro and Present Hiro now.

I told you, I frakking told you Sylar lived. How I'd like to know, but he's alive in Season 2.

It's gonna be a loooooooooooooooooong wait for the rest of Volume 2

I'm pretty sure all of the Heroes survive to next season. I wouldn't write Nathan off just yet. All he would need to do in order to survive is to reach his maximum velocity, let go of Pete, and launch him into a low Earth orbit and then fly out of the way of the detonation. I'm less certain about Sylar. It looks to me that his body was dragged into the sewers by someone (something?) else. Maybe the person hinted at by Molly as the mutant worse than the Boogeyman? I assumed that it was an eclipse at the end, not a UFO. IMO, I think it would be bad for the series to go down that road as it's not reality based. Evolution is a natural phenomenon not reliant upon alien intervention. We already knew the symbol went back to Imperial Japan because it's on Hiro's sword.

That was probably one of the best pieces of TV I've ever seen - even if the "2 hour special" only had about 2 extra minutes over a normal episode.

It was great, everything came together. I think from around the bit where Hiro and Sylar faced off for the first time, my heart was actually racing... right up until the end, which was when I was able to breathe again and return from the edge of my seat. I suppose we had some set up for the second volume... Hiro in Feudal Japan, Sylar dead - or maybe not? What happened to Peter and Nathan? Does Parkman make it - or is he dead?

Personally, I think it's fairly obvious that Peter isn't dead... he'd have survived the explosion - and the fall... the only question is whether Nathan survived.

Anyway, great episode - a UFO at the end? Nah, unless Tim Kring was murdered or something. It was an eclipse pure and simple - clearly, it was putting us back where we began... to parallel the eclipse at the beginning.

I'm personally really looking forward to the really bad ass villain that Molly hints at for Season 2.  Maybe it's a Zombie Master that can reanimate dead mutants (the ones that still have their brains intact at least)? That could explain why Sylar is gone. Imagine the possibilities!

The danger I fear is that the bar has been set too high, perhaps - as I've said before.

That's not to say I doubt Tim Kring and the creative staff but it's better to not hope for too much.

Oh and for those of you interested in the fate of Wireless and how the isotope tracking system was disabled - read the also awesome graphic novels.

wow wow wow :) truly a great episode. Peter definately alive nathan well yeah he could be, Kring however has said some heroes would die so i presume its peter and parkman.

Niki was superb and it looks like DL will survive which is also good. It also looks like Molly will be living with DL and Niki which considering her parents are dead is a good thing for her, oh and Claire being reunited with 'Noah' was a good thing too.

I don't remember the eclipse in the first episode but i did see mention of it on a newspaper someone was reading and of course the intro sequance begins with an eclipse.

Tensui(is that the right name?) was said, according to the story Hiro recounted, to have gained all his knowledge from a dragon, ancient man symbolised the total eclipse of the sun as a dragon in many cultures around the world. Perhaps it is Hiro who teaches him or perhaps the eclipse is a trigger for the latent powers to form (another attribute that eclipses have in ancient times)

Perhaps Sylar was dragged away by the mysterious person Molly was scared of but i think he dragged himself into the sewers in the classic bad guy gets away at the end of season thing.

Well It really is going to be a long wait until Generations. I already need to see this first season again.

Goes into the corner and induces a trance state until the next season starts. oh and wow wow wow (can't say it enough lol)

Perhaps Sylar was dragged away by the mysterious person Molly was scared of but i think he dragged himself into the sewers in the classic bad guy gets away at the end of season thing.

Maybe... Only the last thing Sylar did before he died was to try to see into the future and all he got was his past, the implication being that he had no future because he dies.

This ep had a Yoda(Takei)/Luke(Hiro) moment. "You can't help your friend..." He, he! But I thought it was a good conclusion. Maybe the season 2 intro wasn't necessary, but, even so, I had a lot of fun watching it. Hiro killed Sylar. Nathan rejected the dark side. Peter went BOOM!

I wonder what will happen to the Company now that Linderman and that other guy are dead, and Noah (!) is pretty much a rebel. As suggested previously, I think the new villain had something to do with Sylar's disappearance. Now let's wait for the second volume... :)

BTW, what's up with eclipses and Heroes? ???

Another theory that just came to me: Now that Niki appears to have won the battle with Jessica, maybe Jessica body jumped into Sylar?

Hmmm now i thought that the last 2 or 3 episodes implied that Niki/Jessica had kind of became the same person (in the sense that they had accepted each others existence). Also bearing in mind that she hadn't body bumped anywhere previously why would she now. Essentially Jessica wasn't evil she was just physically stronger than Niki and in the end Niki drew strength from her.

Regarding the visions in Sylars eyes it is a common experience for anybody having a near death experience to see their life pass before there eyes, it doesn't mean he is dead however as many people have lived to tell that one before.

As for the 'Bad Guy' Molly was afraid of she merely said that he was the one person who could sense she was looking and would know where she was, Perhaps this person has the same power as her and to think of him as having some 'eviler' than the bogey man thing is just plain wrong. Will have to wait to find out and yeah i hate to wait :(

Gatefan, I think the eclipse phenomena will play a big part in Generations. They have to hold somethings back for future Seasons.

I honestly believe (as i've said in another post) that the Sylar thing will run on for a few seasons, which is the only downside of the entire thing imo.

Hmmm now i thought that the last 2 or 3 episodes implied that Niki/Jessica had kind of became the same person (in the sense that they had accepted each others existence). Also bearing in mind that she hadn't body bumped anywhere previously why would she now. Essentially Jessica wasn't evil she was just physically stronger than Niki and in the end Niki drew strength from her.

Since powers run in families, and Niki and Jessica were born twins, it makes sense that they both would have unique abilities. I'm going under the theory that Niki's ability is super strength and Jessica's is body jumping/possession. When Jessica died, her spirit went into Niki to inhabit. Maybe Jessica feels that the time is right to move on and leave her sister alone? May turn out to be right, may turn out to be wrong, but I'm sticking with it. :)

Regarding the visions in Sylars eyes it is a common experience for anybody having a near death experience to see their life pass before there eyes, it doesn't mean he is dead however as many people have lived to tell that one before.

True. However, his white eyes denote that he's attempting to use his precognition ability to see if he has a future. He doesn't see anything.

If there's any evidence whatsoever of Jessica 1) being anything than another personality of Nikki, or 2) being able to possess other bodies, I haven't seen any at all.

Heh... I was wondering about what happened to Wireless.  Time to read through the 8 page 'novels', I guess. ^^

Since powers run in families' date=' and Niki and Jessica were born twins, it makes sense that they both would have unique abilities. I'm going under the theory that Niki's ability is super strength and Jessica's is body jumping/possession. When Jessica died, her spirit went into Niki to inhabit. Maybe Jessica feels that the time is right to move on and leave her sister alone? May turn out to be right, may turn out to be wrong, but I'm sticking with it.[/quote']

yeah you have a point perhaps jessica is Niki's sister, it would kind of make sense as Niki otherwise is pretty much a Bipolar personality otherwise (as the shrink believed in that episode)but if Jessica could do body jumping how come Niki is totally shocked when the projection woman is impersonating Jessica? also why didn't she jump into sylar and make him kill himself? My own theory is a simpler one and the name that Niki's alter ego uses is the same name as her sister had, the name could have been anything and her sisters death caused her to name herself after her.

True. However' date=' his white eyes denote that he's attempting to use his precognition ability to see if he has a future. He doesn't see anything.[/quote']

He sees the past, he also sees himself in the present, perhaps precognition comes with retrocognition (the ability to see the past) another possibility is he blacked out at that point. grrrrrrrrrr why do we have to wait (well yeah Heroes would be rubbish if it took 24 hours to make an episode lol)

I just rewatched the scene where Molly talks about the person she cant 'see' she says this guy is worse than the 'bogey man' and that she cant see him because he can see her. of course molly is young and knowing that someone can use her power against her would be a more terrifying thought than Sylar.

Oh and anyone have a link for the graphic novels?

Wait... If Sylar lived - Molly would probably know. Hadn't thought of that.

And if you haven't read the graphic novels SHAME ON YOU.

Nikki - well, I think Jessica was just her way of coping... I don't think it was LITERALLY her sister.

I got hold of the graphic novels :) all of them upto #34 :) will read these over the next few days to get my heroes fix lol.

Wait... If Sylar lived - Molly would probably know. Hadn't thought of that.
hmmm yeah good point unless he is screened from her by 'being underground' perhaps.

I just thought maybe it wasn't Sylar that tried to kill Molly in that early episode. Maybe its the guy she is scared of