Heroes DVD / HDDVD

Hilander72

Heroes Flies To DVD In August

NBC's Heroes comes to DVD and HD DVD when the entire first season of the hit series arrives in stores Aug. 28 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment.

The seven-disc DVD set has several bonus features, including five featurettes and more than 50 deleted scenes. The set also includes the extended, 73-minute cut of the pilot, from creator Tim Kring, which never aired on television.

The DVD version carries a suggested retail price of $59.98. (NBC and Universal Studios Home Entertainment are owned by NBC Universal, which also owns SCIFI.COM.)

$60 for the entire season on DVD ($2.50/episode) sound ok. I'm guessing the HDDVD's will cost an arm or atleast twice what the DVDs will go for. I'm still deciding if it's time to buy a HDDVD/BD player or maybe wait until X-mas... :-\

Personally HD quality is essential if you have a huge tv set (over 42 inches) that is HD ready if not it is a huge waste of cash. if you have a small room with a reasonable sized tv then DVD is more than adequate tbh.

This is one boxset that i am very tempted to buy (well when it comes over this side of the pond (probably before the end of this decade i hope) but it is probably gonna be a lot more than it is stateside) will probably be worth my while to get a region free DVD player and get it sent in the post.

I watch everything on a HD Projector (TV, DVD's), screen is about 120 inches, at 4-5 meter away. That gives a huge viewing area and it's easy to distinguish the quailty difference between DVD & HD (not to mention 350mb xvid's <- I've made myself ::)).

nice kit dude yeah you would be able to tell with that :) i have a 32 inch screen 100Hz Tv and DVD looks great on it so for me it isnt worth going for HD however a HD projector is something i have been after for a while :)

Many people however will get HD for their 15 inch portable thinking it will be better lol

I've looked around and the HDDVD's are about $80-$85 (pre order). That's not as bad as I thought, considering I paid $100-$120 for TNG seasons more than 5 years ago...

Now if they only could end the "format war" and/or make affordable players that can play both that has a price tag below $500 (There is one, but I'm not paying $1500 for that one).

• 1 month later...

I'm more interested in IF they include the web stuff like the graphic novels. Being a fan on dialup, things like that are by-passed generally so I can do other things online. $84 is still the cheapest I've seen for you guys. sorry.

• 2 months later...

Here in the US Amazon.com has Heroes/Season 1 starting @ $35.14 (for new and used copies) and the HD/DVD is going for $62.86 (OUCH!).

Anyway, I have a rant with the Season 1 DVD set. No "scene selection" button on the menus. I didn't realize it until I had to stop an episode in the middle to take a call. When I shut my DVD player off (my caller likes to gab so I knew I'd be a while) I figured I'd just cruise to the scene selection and pick up where I left off. No way. Had to FF to the point I stopped. For me, a major pain. Hate having to zip. Hate the zip. For all the bucks they're charging you'd think that would be given, no?

Besides that though, great frucking show man!

Im just getting th eseries on DVD, my dvd player upcales dvds to 1080i and it does a damned good job at it, i too havent decided which side of the new format war i'll side with saying that i'll probably just wait like i did with dvd til the point where thier both dirt cheap