Star Wars vs Star Trek (Empire vs Federation)

Anyone wondered what would happen if the Empire found out about the Federation? who would win? the answer unequivably would be the Empire.

Check out This site for how an Emperial assault would be likely to happen. be sure to look over the other pages on the site too.

The federation truelly is an insignificant foe in comparison to the might of the Empire. Even Jango Fett's Slave-1 craft (one man patrol craft) would quash the Enterprise D http://www.stardestroyer.net/Empire/Essays/FiveMinutes.html

Your thoughts?

LOL

This brings back memories! ;D

We had a couple of these topics about a year ago and opinions were all over the place. :D

Plenty of stuff to find about this on the internet too. imo it's unfortunate that not really that much technical details are know about their ships and other technology, since it makes comparisons,... well... more a matter of opinion than anything else. One strong thing in favour of Star Wars though, is 'the force', could very well be a decisive factor! For the rest... hmm I don't know... Remember, in the end... the federation/starfleet never looses! ;D

SciFi Fantasy vs SciFi Fantasy. :)

There isn't any fair way to compare any show, movie, comic or other fiction against another, since they are the imagined creations of their respective authors, but it must be a lot of fun to argue about who would win in an A vs. B imagined war.

What if there was a power so great that it can’t be defeated?

I shouldn't mention this yet, but there's a new show in the making, coming soon (who knows when ::)).

The show is called: Terra Singularis.

It features The Largest and most ultimate, most massive, most destructive, most unimaginable (almost ;)) has unlimited firepower (can't be disproved :D) and adapts by laws of imagination to counter any imaginable threat: The Cluster Platform.

The tech specs for a standard Cluster Platform is impossible to grasp within an average lifetime, but I'll make an attempt:

Size: app. 2 AU (Earth is 1 AU from the sun as comparison)

Shape: Torus (a donut with a hole)

Power Source (located in the donut hole, shielded): Super massive singularity, mass app. equivalent to the mass located in the center of Milkyway Galaxy (5.8×10^11 solar masses).

Power Output: Virtually Unlimited (efficiency = infinitely approaching 100%)

Main Armament: Eats entire Galaxies, one star at a time.

Large Orbiting Structures: 216 Nebula Platforms (app. Hypergiant Size with their own Massive Singularities)

Medium Orbiting Structures: (Orbiting the Nebula Platforms): 46,656 Stellar Platforms (app. Jupiter Sizes with their own Singularities).

Small Orbiting Structures (Orbiting the Stellar Platforms): 10,077,696 Lunar Platforms (app. Moon Sized with their own Miniature Singularites)

Technological Advancements: If you can imagine it, it already had it for a billion years.

By now you should get the idea where this is going and there really isn't any point in continuing with the tech specs.

Go ahead and make my day Fan boys of all sorts... :P

I WIN (by default).

Remember, in the end... the federation/starfleet never looses! Grin
yet lol mind you The Q continuum where powerful enough to cause a few problems lol.

lol hilander interesting idea. so who controls this toroidal superweapon and how many operators does it need? sounds interesting tho in an unimaginable kind of way

I think that ship you mention was actually in Star Trek, Hilander - it was called Voyager. It's most powerful weapon? The reset button.

As to Empire vs. Federation. Hardly a contest really. The Empire spans an entire galaxy and has tens of thousands of warships that can travel across the galaxy in a matter of days/hours... compared to the Federation which probably doesn't even really have dedicated warships which can take weeks to get anywhere in their own small area of the Alpha/Beta quadrant.

The Empire could just drop a few dozen star destroyers in around Earth, reduce the surface to slag and jump away again.