A new hot young female hero joins, eh, Heroes.

Hilander72

A new hot young female hero is joining the gang on NBC's hit sci-fi drama "Heroes."

Dania Ramirez ("The Sopranos") has been added as a regular on the NBC Universal TV Studio series, which is returning for a second season in the fall.

Ramirez will play Maya, a new hero whose powers are being kept under wraps.

"Heroes" extends Ramirez's relationship with NBC. This past development season, she co-starred in the network's drama pilot "Fort Pit."

Maya is one of four to five new characters expected to be added to "Heroes" next season, but her character might be the only regular one. The other roles, most of which are said to have international flavor, include a sexy boyfriend for Claire (Hayden Panettiere), a 28-year-old black mother, a surrogate for Niki's (Ali Larter) son and an Irish mobster (HR 5/24).

The Dominican Republic-born Ramirez is garnering attention with her recurring role on HBO's "Sopranos," on which she plays A.J.'s (Robert Iler) former fiancee Blanca.

She also played Callisto in Fox's "X-Men: The Last Stand."

Source: Hollywood Reporter

My first thought was. Who is she? Is she hot?

Here's the IMDb: Dania Ramirez

And here are a few pics:

daniaramirez1st4.jpgdaniaramirez2id5.jpg

Well, they weren't kidding that she's young & hot. ;)

Well, young and female I'd agree with... the other part... she's not my type.

I remember her from The Last Stand... I wasn't impressed but then that was such a terrible film that it's probably not fair to judge her on it.

All the women were pretty though... except Claire's adoptive mother and her biological grandmother... and Linderman wasn't pretty...

Ugly women on TV are illegal in America though, right?

nope, not if they have an active account at a plastic surgeon's office.  :P

young and hot i have to admit. wondering if she is gonna be good or bad! definately my kind of bad girl if thats the case ;)

as for powers well theres lots they haven't used (teleportation(ok hiro kind of has this one), metamorphosis, shrink/grow, mind control, lightning etc etc)

I hope she is bad it would make my day ;)