BABLYON FIVE: LOST TALES TRAILER!

The sudden change was a bit jarring but I think Sheridan did a good job of assimilating into the cast. Unlike Lockley... ugh. She and Ezri Dax show how a lead leaving in your last season can REALLY be a pain.

Oh, I agree! Ivanova should have stayed back in season 5. She was sorely missed there.

Unlike her replacement, I don't think Ivanova will show up in this Lost Tales movie, which sucks.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think Sheridain was quite well compared to Bill Clinton in space in terms of how he came across. Very nineties in retrospect.

Whereas Sinclair was more like Richard Gere on antipsychotic medication several hundred light years from any gerbil or evolutionary parrallel.

So I think most people rightly prefer spaceman Clinton in comparison.

I'd not heard the narrative arguement for cutting him out, it does make sense I suppose, but probably influenced by much stronger factors. Lets say, Mary Macdonnel was a dreadful actress, the term 'malignant' might carry a bit more weight.

What's the president of the colonies got to do with anything? An example? You probably shouldn't be so ambiguous, old chap.

Ivanova won't appear in the Lost Tales, I don't think... which is a shame, she's a lot better than her skankathon replacement. It's irritating when they try and force someone into a role in such a short time. Ezri was worse but... Locklear not much better.

As to Sheridan being Clinton... nah, he had more integrity. Sinclair did look a bit like Richard Gere though.

As in they probably would have written her out with the whole cancer thing if she was a rubbish actress rather than bending over backwards to keep her in the show. Whereas Sinclair was bent over backwards to be written out.  Er yep pretty tenuous.

The only thing Legend of the Rangers is good for is drinking games.

Basically, every time someone says "I live for the one, I die for the one." you take a drink. You'll be hammered in 30 minutes unless you're an alcoholic.

But yeah, the trailer manages to obfuscate the fact it was dire.

Well, you don't have to wait for Legend of the Rangers. ^^

I'd rather stick needles in my eyes! (Already saw it)  :-[

I didn't watch Legend of the Rangers. :-[ Welcome to NiteSciFi, btw. ;D

LOL. Send me your address and I'll send you the DVD. Why shouldn't you suffer too?

The only thing Legend of the Rangers is good for is drinking games.

Basically, every time someone says "I live for the one, I die for the one." you take a drink. You'll be hammered in 30 minutes unless you're an alcoholic.

But yeah, the trailer manages to obfuscate the fact it was dire.

That is so true. I'm still hungover!

rara_avis_1.gif.caba3a202e6eb2846a9feda980bd03a3.gif

has anyone actually seen lost tales???

just saw it today, it was pretty good, oh well it was OK, but i've got a biased view well i liked it,

well not really a movie more like 2 eps suck back to back...

nice to see the old  farts again though!!!

Not bad. Good to see B5 again. The first ep was quite slow, but the second was better. No major event, but the special effects were superb. Quantum space? :cyclops:

I also liked how they dealt with G'Kar and Dr. Franklin. Very nice. No mention of the plague that afflicted Earth on Crusade, though.

I've also spotted some familiar Stargate faces. Dr. Fraiser as the ISN reporter and Grodin as a security guard on B5. The priest and Galen also showed up in SGA.

It was a pleasant experience. I hope more tales will follow.

Galen's kind of a cross between Richard E Grant's Withnail and the baby in Family Guy.

I will admit that he is suited for this reasonably low budget affair, to give it a small amount of bite.

The first part was worryingly cheap though.

Well it can now be said.. JMS has "wee wee'd" all over the memory of B5.

The first story was just plain bad, thoroughly unworthy of the B5 name.. some drivel about demons and exorsism.. not a sci fi bone in it's body, plus it had Lockley.. a double whammy!

The second story whilst being of a more sci fi theme was just a contradtiction of the established timeleine (he really should have dealt with the Crusade arc first before giving us.. "another future arc"... the only high point was Woodward.. there is just something very compelling about his performances.. pretty much like his father.

All in all.. it was balls.. I'd be glad to just see the name die now.. anything would seem to just muddy it's rep.