Wii thrashing xbox 360 & PS3 sales

Ulysses

Found this that might be of interest.......

"News about Wii outselling either Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 has been commonplace to the point that we decided at megagames not to report them unless the wind changes.

But we couldn't ignore latest reports stating that Wii has outsold PS3 by a 5 to 1 margin and Xbox 360 by a humiliating 25 to 1 margin. During May 2007 Nintendo managed to sell 251,794 Wiisin Japan while Sony could only sell a disappointing sum of about 50,000 PlayStation 3sand we won't bother to mention the humiliating 11,082 Xbox360s sold in the same period.

Nintendo also managed to keep the same 5 to 1 margin on the handheld front with 620,670 DSs versus 123,673 PSPs sold in Japan during the same month.

More interesting is the weekly sales analysis which indicates that the sales gap is only growing larger."

Finally nice to see the big two getting there ass whipped!!

haha i read this on the DCEMU news almost everyday, though there could be a future problem with the wii, i read an article about 2 weeks ago that said that most of the games for the wii are nintendos own brands and that nintendo are only putting their own games 'out there' leaving the 3rd party developers to fend for themselves.

One thing i have noticed is that all these sorts of reports state that the xbox 360 is selling consoles at a 'humiliating' rate but they keep foretting that the 360 has been out quite a bit longer than its competitors and so most people who would buy an xbox 360 have done, *sigh* dont even get me started on the handheld war.

I honestly think that the ps3 will make more losses before it begins making profit, i also see sony making a cut-back version (with out the blue ray player) some time in the future,

And the way its looking, it appears blue ray is winning the format war (i'm gathering this from the fact that my local HMV has 3x more blue-ray releases on the shelves when compared to HD-DVD)

This will be one BIG war or the franchises and someone will get a bloody nose

sony release if the PS3 was to late and over priced and sony/microsoft wanna get more share of the pie they need to start thinking about realistic prices....as they are bound to make it all back with the licensing of the games....

• 2 weeks later...

I thought this would happen... what makes the wii perfect is the cheap price and the new method of controlling games, and is actually the strongest console on the market.

a PS3 on the other hand has a price much like a brand new computer that can take on most of the newest games... I say, go buy a computer rather than a PS3... there is more bang for the buck in a PC, plus the pc can do other things than playing games.

I guess we will all have to sit back and watch the fireworks, not only with M$ and Sony shooting themselves in the foot, but also with the betamax/VHS war of the 21st century