Are you a racist, the Harvard way!

TetsuoShima

This test will give some indication whether or not you have racist tendencies.

If you don't want to post what result you got that is up to you. I'm not sure how exactly this test and topic will turn out, but obviously it can go bad, so that's why I'm posting it in mirror universe.

It was an interesting test imo, especially the fact that you need to complete it very fast makes it interesting.

Have fun with it! Post results if you want to (screenshot?). Discuss anything related. :)

image2ts7.png

EDIT: http://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/index.html

Oh, oops, appearently I did forget it if Tablet added it? I could have sworn I added it... I must be getting old (or tired). ;D

Sorry.

The link I originally got from another places replaces 'index' with 'study', but appearently Tablets link is a higher level one leading to the link I used.

Yeah, the left right thing was confusing sometimes. :D

"Your data suggest a slight automatic preference for European American compared to African American."

I'm not going to argue that. But to be fair, by the time I got to the part where "bad" is grouped with "African American" and "good" is with "European American" I was more than familiar with both the faces and the words. So yes, with my experience level continually increasing it naturally became easier and faster to complete each section of the test. I'm not sure how valid of a gauge of bias this thing really is, but it's interesting nonetheless.

maybrick, I had that too actually. Also I made a lot more wrong answers on the first 'cross' test than on the second. In any case, it doesn't really mean that much, the faq says it's only an indication and they can easily be wrong. The test is certainly not perfect (it's a bit too simple for that :D ).

exact same results as tet... no preference....

but this test i think was a dumb.... i mean they try & associate group with the i e keys, which is fine the first time round but when they switch the key the user will obviously make mistakes...

i often said the right group but pressed the wrong button..

don't know who thought of this test, but shows that most of the kind of HR academics are bums and cant design a a fair test....

::)

This is more an association test than anything else... If a person has a good memory and quick reflex, he/she can easily "cheat" the test and still be a Klux member. :thinking: BTW, I couldn't complete the test... Too annoying! :D

"Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for European American compared to African American."

I'm not so sure it's a preference as it is more that I can recognize most as "white-tan" while the "black-palebrown", I had to double check to see if I considered them "black". I had to think about it and that slowed me down which isn't what the test is supposed to make me do. I guess I failed it also. Interestingly, I got the words mixed up sometimes not the faces.

Oo, is anybody getting redirected from the link?

I'm now going to a https site when clicking the link, which even required registration, or at least some  (easily faked) personal details...

btw, before saying the test is completely bogus, consider the faq first, it is not conclusive, that much is for sure, but it does have scientifical merrit to it.

The links on this page will sufficiently explain things:

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/demo/background/index.jsp

;)

• 2 weeks later...