NiteSciFi Re-Run TOS: Mudd's Women

TetsuoShima

Since there still are so many TOS episodes to go and the summer season is typically low on scifi on tv, for the next couple of months, we'll have two featured TOS episodes a week, instead of just one. On Mondays and Thursdays, you can expect new featured TOS episodes on NiteSciFi! You're all free and encouraged to join in the fun! :D

----------------------

Next episode: Mudd's Women

Monday, July 2nd

[spoiler=Short Plot]The Enterprise pursues an unregistered ship that's overloading its engines while making a daring run for an asteroid field. To save this ship's crew, Kirk orders the Enterprise's shields cast around the craft to avert its imminent demise until the ship's occupants can be beamed aboard. Scotty manages to beam aboard three women and one man seconds before an asteroid destroys their vessel. The man explains he was transporting these three women to a planet, to marry settlers there...

Trivia:

- Susan Denberg who played one of Mudd's women was a Playboy Playmate.

- This episode is the first appearance of Harry Mudd. The character returns in TOS: "I, Mudd", and in TAS: "Mudd's Passion".

- This is the only episode where the crystals that power the Enterprise's engines are called "lithium." Throughout the rest of the series, the crystals are called "dilithium."

...probably changed from Lithium to Di-Lithium for the simple reason that Lithium is a real substance and used to treat disorders like bi-polarity and depression. It was unlikely that its chemical structure would allow it to be a power source for a star ship.

I like old Harry. I, Mudd was a great show also.

Hehe, Mudd as king of androids, locked away forever or something like that. :D

LOL, women, can't live with 'em can't live without 'em. Basically what this ep is about anyway. The other is more about being a prisoner in a 'golden cage'. Both interesting and widely discussed subjects. :D

I think it's great that we have 'NiteSciFi Re-Run TOS'  :D

I didn't watch Mudd's Women recently, but I remeber it being a great episode.

The three beautiful women were what I liked most and of course Mudd. (I watched 'I, Mudd' recently, also a great Episode)

I love TOS and I'm looking forward to watch and comment on 'What Are Little Girls Made Of?' tomorrow.

Again, those Re-Runs are a great idea!! :)

I loved this episode. Mudd was really funny, especially when he was arguing with the computer :D

Like the last episode, it got a little boring later on in the episode, but Mudd = hahaha

I think it's great that we have 'NiteSciFi Re-Run TOS'  :D

The three beautiful women were what I liked most and of course Mudd.

Again, those Re-Runs are a great idea!! :)

Classic Star Trek all they way!

The three woman weren't so beautiful to themselves. That's why Mudd was making such a big deal over those drugs they were taking. Sounds like self-esteem issues to me.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally had the spare time to rewatch this episode and it seems that they had "similar" issues back them.

Moral of the story:

Beautiful "unreal" women = Useless

"Real" women = Less useless ;)

Fox may be right. QS will have to get you guys. No Mercy!