PC v PS3 V XBOX 360 V NINTENDO WII - Who wins!!!

Ulysses

true tho, can't understand why anyone would waste their money on a console but then hey its there money... wouldn't mind a wii remote for playing kotor tho lol

I suppose however most people with consoles didn't buy it but had it bought for them. :P

I bought a X-box 360. Also that chart is a little incorrect the PS3 can play PS2 and PS games. Sp the PS3 has more then 80 games if you want to count all the PS2 and PS games.

The European PS3 is just as bad as the 360 on compatiblity since it lacks the a chip required for ps2 emulation so you can scrub quite a few games off you list there,

hey that charts i a little biosed, for one the 360 has 1080p support now and has done since december last year

The European PS3 is just as bad as the 360 on compatiblity since it lacks the a chip required for ps2 emulation so you can scrub quite a few games off you list there,

The US and Japanese versions of the PS3 will soon have this nice feature too. The updated released (August I think, the one with the 80GB HDD in US), will no longer have the Emotion engine incorporated. :)

I bought a X-box 360. Also that chart is a little incorrect the PS3 can play PS2 and PS games. Sp the PS3 has more then 80 games if you want to count all the PS2 and PS games.

lol also I think the PC still has more games than the PS2 + PS3 combined lol...remember PC gaming has been going since the late 80's and not to mention it can emulate most other machines as well...so that makes the PC the winner......haha

• 4 weeks later...

hmm they should add to the list, lifespan. I know people who upgrade their pc every 2 years so they can play the latest and greatest games and sony has said that they think the PS3 will last 10 years (haha yeah right) i wonder how long that'll cost in PC upgrades? and doesnt the PS3 run Linux?

I still think that the 360 should have windows on it, its got everything XP (maybe vista) needs to run and it would allow microsoft to further close the bridge between consoles and PCs

Haha i love that Macs arent inculded in that chart

The PS3 does indeed run Linux, be it a slightly adapted version callled: Yellow Dog.

I don't believe it's in the standard package though, and I'm also pretty sure it isn't the default OS. However this Linux version was specifically adapted for the PS3 and does transform it into a sort of pc. It also runs on a few other systems (most ibm cell/power based architectures). Heck you can even run open office/gimp/... on it, if you wish to do some good old office work on your PS3. ;D

hmm they should add to the list, lifespan. I know people who upgrade their pc every 2 years so they can play the latest and greatest games and sony has said that they think the PS3 will last 10 years (haha yeah right) i wonder how long that'll cost in PC upgrades? and doesnt the PS3 run Linux?

Life span, now thats a interesting point, I have had my AMD 4000 system with 1 Gig Ram and a Radieon x800 GTO graphics card since Sept 05 and not needed to upgrade the system so far, it still runs the latest games quite well so I would say the life span of a pc is more than 2 years before requiring a upgrade.

Also the price difference between a PC game and the Xbox 360/PS3 would actually offset the expense of any upgrades.  for example I have bought in the last 6 months probably 6 games, which where on average between £20-£30 a xbox or PS3 would be between £30-£50 so straight away about £100 could be used for upgrades such as increased RAM or better graphics card.

• 2 weeks later...

I play games on my mac.

Someone said he liked to use the wii controller with his pc (couldnt quote cause i didn't find the post). This is possible with windows (read it in a computer mag)

I play games on my mac.

Someone said he liked to use the wii controller with his pc (couldnt quote cause i didn't find the post). This is possible with windows (read it in a computer mag)

Yeah i read a guide how you can turn an LED and a USB cable into a wii-mote reciever, pretty nifty if you ask me