Stargate Atlantis 4x01 [Adrift]

Tablet

401lj4.jpg

Discuss the latest episode of Atlantis [4x01 - Adrift]

Season Premier

You can also vote on how good you thought the episode was however you should only vote if you have seen this episode.

This thread may contain spoilers, so don't read any further unless you have watched the episode or if you are comfortable seeing what the episode is about.

Before the episode airs or before you have seen the episode, you can also use this thread to discuss rumours, spoilers and your hopes for what this episode will be about.

[spoiler=Brief synopsis]With only 24 hours of power left, and unable to use the Stargate, the Atlantis team must once again save city from certain doom.

<<< Episode 3x20 Discussion

Just watched the new episode from season 4, whilst I am glad ST:A is back on I do feel that this was a bit of a anti climax to the end of season 3....I wouldnt say it was excellent nor would I say it was poor either.

While it was interesting about them having to reduce the size of the sheild and Elizabeth facing a life threating situation I do seem to think the astroids part was just a filler for the episode.  One good point is the end, having to goto the replicator home world to try and rob a ZPM

fair episode, it's building up to the changeover in command between Weir and Carter. good explanation for it since with replicator nanites in her, she is an unknown entity now.  dunno if it's ratings or personal reasons for the change but I CAN'T WAIT! the show gets better with each shakeup in personnel. did you notice Rainbow was mentioned in the credits? Ford may be showing up soon.

Thought it was great. The little mini-fleet of Puddlejumpers was just awesome. Though I can't say I like the storyline taking a twist with Weir having Replicator nanites in herself now. Cause we all know at some point that will play a huge important role in a future episode.

Samantha is still lookin hot, nice to see Tapping return for more Stargate. I just hope they finally put her and McKay together, they are the perfect science fiction couple imho.

Brilliant!

Loved it. It had plenty of action and suspense. Wasn't the best introduction for Samantha Carter, but I'm really wondering what will happen with Weir.

Anyway, this ep had some fantastic special effects, and was a good opener for the season. Looking forward to next weeks ep! :)

I liked this episode, and I feel that I'm one of the harshest critics of Atlantis on this board. Of course, they could totally "F" it all up in the next show, but all things considered this was ten times better than any episode from Season 3 (aside from "Sateda").

pmswl ...common guys if you thought this was better than Good then we must of watched something  different!! at best it was good...and to be fair it was OK.

I mean the thing with play astoroids was pathetic, if you was really entering a astroid field and having to blast then I am quite sure that they would of blown them into dust, secondly the damage to the station seems minor and totally unrealistic!

...too many convenient things happening...

That's exactly what I thought. Too many problems, too many convenient solutions in too short a time. Also, not losing a single pj in the asteroid field scene made it less shiny/believable, IMO.

Thats also what I thought, the idea of blasting your way through is daft as you could blast a straight line but you would always have more drifting in the way, also the idea that they where not only blasted but blasted into such small bits was insane as well...

In all thou, I am please to see it back, just hope they improve the stories better than most of season 3

...too many convenient things happening...

That's exactly what I thought. Too many problems, too many convenient solutions in too short a time. Also, not losing a single pj in the asteroid field scene made it less shiny/believable, IMO.

haha, indeed.

We've managed to stop the power drain by reducing our shields

THERE'S AN ASTEROID FIELD IN OUR WAY

We destroyed the Asteroids in our way

THE HYPERDRIVE IS DAMAGED

We fixed the Hyperdrive

WE'RE OUT OF POWER

We found an alternate power source.