Heroes 2x04 [The kindness of Strangers]

TFMF

This is the official discussion thread for 2x04 - The Kindness of Strangers

(Spoilers Within!)

Before the show starts, you are welcome to post your theories and ideas.

Please use the spoiler tag where appropriate when discussing future episode content.

'The Kindness of Strangers' my foot. >_<... but then again, it's also a very apt title depending on whom you consider a 'stranger'. ^^

Poor girl...

Well... it seems that being near death (or the operations?) did something to Sylar's abilities.  It would be nice if it were permanent, but it's likely only temporary until he gets better.  He's obviously still just as much a liar and murderer given what he did with that rock and told the others, though... so probably no lighter, less unfriendly Sylar this season. (Then again, the guy -was- threatening to call the cops...)

Also, I think there's more to that flying boy than just being a superpowered fellow student and love interest for Claire.  Even before the painting, I got the feeling that there was something sinister and hidden behind him... whether it's just me or excellent portrayal remains to be seen, however.  Still... I can't wait 'til he meets Dad. ^^

Now THAT'S a useful power... being able to do things that people do on TV?  I wonder if she would gain other peoples' abilities if she ever saw them videotaped? ^^ (Naah... I bet it's limited to relatively normal actions.)

... and poor Molly.  That's an abuse of guardian power if I've ever seen one!  Matt... you suck. -_-'  Still, it's probably an important step to an equally important event later in the season. ^^

Now THAT'S a useful power... being able to do things that people do on TV?  I wonder if she would gain other peoples' abilities if she ever saw them videotaped? ^^ (Naah... I bet it's limited to relatively normal actions.)

Every power seems to have a parallel in the Marvel Universe. Hers appears to be just like The Taskmaster's: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taskmaster

Every power seems to have a parallel in the Marvel Universe.

Hah... probably because in the many decades Marvel's been running, they've pretty much run the gamut of possible powers. ;)

lol, I was going to write that. well, something similar. after all, everything has already been written somewhere. hehehe

Every power seems to have a parallel in the Marvel Universe.

Hah... probably because in the many decades Marvel's been running, they've pretty much run the gamut of possible powers. ;)

I know! It's just that The Taskmaster is such an obscure character, and one that sprang to my mind immediately even though I haven't been a regular reader of comics in almost 20 years, that I just had to mention it. :)

I was pretty disappointed that there was no hiro so like they better have loads of him in the next ep. I agree there is something sinster about that boy i bet he is some sort of spy etc cause notice how he has just been following Claire around. The new girls power is interesting being to be able to do anything donw in TV. And wow i can't believe it was the cops dad who was "nightmare man" but I have to say by the time the cop had said that was his dad you knida already guessed it was him.

with Sylar I have to say I am disappointed, I think he was brought back too soon if you catch me drift. I would have prefered that he be brought back maybe on the last ep of season 2 or season 3 if heroes makes it to that.

You know

i am really hard to please in these sci fis

i loved heroes season 1

the second season has been good so far but i still feel strongly about teh points i made in my previous point

though it is early days

and tfmf

if i am insane

your a ewok :p