New game Unleash The Fury

gamer1978

looks interesting but there is no way I would pay that type of money for a online only game.

For a online game to be sucessful it would have to be the following

1.  you buy the game instore

2.  you are able to play online without any additional charges, without this a on-line game is sure to fail.

If you go to the home page and click on Pre Order you will go to a page with an EBGAMES link click on that and the game is US$49.99 that is about average what I usually pay for a new game.

And I just contacted support to find if there is a monthly fee like world of warcraft hope not looks like a good game.  I gave up playing world of warcraft because it got a bit expensive.

Up the top of the page if you select quick links and media center ther is screenshots and other stuff if you didnt notice they didnt design the website very well.[br]Posted on: October 16, 2007, 05:31:57 AM

You can have a free account might give it a try.

Fury Pricing:

Fury is a full price retail product (USD$49.99). It is then free to play online, with regular free content updates and an option to subscribe to “Immortal Membership”.

All players have unlimited access to maps, abilities, items and advancement (power), while Immortals have access to additional features.

All players have Immortal status for their first month of play.

Immortal Membership Benefits:

Fury offers players a $9.99 per month optional subscription to unlock additional features including:

* Quick travel in the Sanctuaries and Schools

* VoIP talk privileges

* One additional Item Roll Slot

* Extended “rested gold bonus”

* Selling privileges on the Auction House

* Priority log-in queuing

* Entry into weekly and seasonal Ladders

* Personal player battle statistics

* In-game Customer Service access

* Elite access to the test server to preview new content

In the future, additional features will be added for Immortals such as crafting, player housing, special Clan functionality and lots more. We reserve the right to change which features are offered as part of the Immortals service at any time.

Hero Status:

Players who do not choose the Immortal Membership option are called Heroes. In brief, a Hero player can play as often as they like without ever paying any more to play.

Heroes can access all items, all abilities and can reach the highest rank in the game, and therefore they are not disadvantaged in terms of power they can achieve. Heroes can fight, advance, earn rewards, trade, buy auction items, join Clans, send mail and have access to the same number of Incarnation save slots as Immortals.

Heroes also receive the standard rested gold bonus, they have two item roll slots at the end of battle (Immortals have three) and they can listen on the integrated Fury VoIP channels, but not talk.

Future Updates:

We plan to follow the traditional MMO model of regular free updates. Patches and small balance issues will be addressed every week or two. New game features, feature enhancements, major balance issues, new game types and new content will be released for free on a regular basis.

Fury Game Cards:

Both Heroes and Immortals may purchase additional in-game gold through Fury Game Cards. The cards can be purchased online or from participating retail stores. Gold can be used to purchase new items and abilities; repair or recondition old items; dye armor and customize your avatar’s appearance; send mail and so on. Game Cards available in multiple denominations:  (shown here in USD$)

* $4.99 (60 Gold)

* $9.99 (130 Gold)

* $19.99 (300 Gold)

Fury Subscription cards also available (i.e. no credit card required)

* 1, 3, 6 and 12 month terms

* Longer terms give greater discounts

yep that is a typical mmo strategy, offer a free subscription and offer a paid subscription. In every single case I've encoutered so far however, this means, if you're set against a paying player with the same dedication as yourself, you'll lose!

It's strange that the difference between Australian price and US price is so big, guess Australians are screwed. :D

Anyway, I'm not to keen on pvp mmo's, if I want tplay pvp, I'd most certainly go for a game like quake or half-life, mmo's are for rpg-ing and questing (to me). :D