DS9 Seasons 3 and 4

vh2k

• 3 weeks later...

I too enjoy electronic copies.  The fact of the matter is, it's rather nice to click the remote to my set top box and with a single click view any episode from any series in less than a second.  It works very very well with my LCD TV.  If the big producers ever figure out a way to do this, besides the DRM loaded Apple TV, they will make lots of $$$.

As a ferengi, I tend to follow certain rulez of aquisition, however, those rulez are often up for debate. 

For those looking to aquire DS9, it's been quite a battle.  The Romulans seem to have a tight noose around the availability of Seasons 3 and 4, I've only found one star system which has them, and gaining entry is very very difficult.  The Duras sisters drived a hard bargain and I have acquired Seasons 1,2,6,7. 

There are pieces of 5 and some pieces of 3, but, in DVD format, they are a pain to deal with.  I prefer everything efficiently transcoded into xvid.

The 170meg NiteShdw collection of TNG was incredible.  I was particularly impressed with the into (graphical overlay).  Please share how this was done.  My ripping software has no such technology, and since I rip all my DVD's for convienence any pointers would be greatly appreciated.  Perhaps some latinum is in order, or a fine Romulan Ale?  >:D

What do you mean no Torrents?

It clearly states TORRENTZ!!!! as a section of the forum.

I must of clicked on the link 4 or 5 times and in the process had TFMF log my details 4 or 5 times.

You know what they say, give a chimp a keyboard and eventually he might write a line of code that does something.

Sorry TFMF  ;D

• 3 months later...

What exactly is so hard about popping a DVD into your DVD drive? If you *have* seasons 3 and 4 on disc already, it doesn't make any sense to go through the mess of trying to download a low-res, low-quality, audially-challenged dvd-rip. And let's face it - even the best encoding pales compared to actually watching *on the DVD*. I don't mean to step on any potential toes; those people who create torrents so the rest of us can be contemptible thieves -- I salute you. But if you have the DVD, make use of it. It's not like Vinyl where fifty years from now it will be worth its weight in gold. Hell, even now you can't pawn a DVD off for more than five bucks. Watch it. Love it. Get it in HD in five years.

I like my DVDs. I wouldn't mind lower quality encodes of my movies on the net but that's illegal to my knowledge so for me there is only one option, buy the movies I want and wait for the ones not on DVD to get the DVD treatment.

That being said, some would say the DVD treatment only leads to such movies getting downloaded a whole lot easier. VHS makes it harder to download such movies.

• 4 weeks later...

Perhaps some latinum is in order, or a fine Romulan Ale?  >:D

Volunteering latinum?!? Must be quite rare and valuable items to gain this much attention from a Ferenghi!  :thinking:

Not to mention openly soliciting illegal merchandise!  ;)

The admins have a regular shipment brought in.

its been a long time.. bad synthale and warm Kanar are the only things readily available on ds9.. and i gotta pay Quark out the nacel to get the Kanar! (tho i know for a fact capt sisko keeps a bottle or two in his office he got from adm ross!)

slightly off topic i know. sorry.

Yeah, a £ an episode is fairly reasonable... when you look at that as £175 total for 7 seasons though... but then, you're not likely to think "time to buy ALL seasons of Voyager - I really need to watch them BACK TO BACK!".

Best to wait for Bluray though - then you'll probably get it in a single disk, probably.

I really need to watch them BACK TO BACK!".

yes, you do! i have now watched TOS, TOS Movies, TNG, TNG Movies, DS9, VOY, and, ENT, all in order of the story, and let me tell you, it just gets bigger and bigger and better and better as you go!! takes days obviously, and i actually had take a week off from work, so i was able to do a lot of nothing. and imo, it takes a die hard fan to be able to pull it off without pullin out hair! to me, it was great! an experience i recomend to any and all fans of The Trek! plan on doin it again sometime!!!

• 2 weeks later...