Voyagers 'Finest Moments'

Tablet

logorh4.jpg

Here are the contenders for Voyagers 'Finest Moment,' vote which destruction you think deserves to be crowned Voyagers greatest

Season 2 Episode 21 - Deadlock

Summary - Voyager takes a detour through a plasma cloud but gets fractured, after a whole lot of  talking and stuff the Vidians arrive and board one of the Voyagers and begin harvesting the crew so janeway blows it up destroying the Vidian ship in the process, the other Voyager survives to blow up another day.

dead1copyos5.jpg

Season 4 Episode 9 - Year of Hell Part 2

Summary - The End of a some what Epic tale of war spanning the course of a year follows the voyager crew getting knee deep in a conflict with a species called the Krenim and thier over relentless leader Anorax, in the end Janeway decides to ram her ship into theirs in the hopes it'll destroy the ship and cause a temporal inversion that'll restore the timeline *breathes* and well it does....

hell1copyfs6.jpg

Season 5 Episode 6 - Timeless

Summary - Not continet with travelling at warp the Voyager crew come up with the Quantum Slipstream Drive....and guess what? It doesnt work, big suprise there. Any way when Voyager falls out of the slipstream it crashlands on an Ice planet killing all the crew bar Harry and Chakotay who were on the flyer and stayed in the stream all the way home....

time1copywh8.jpg

Season 5 Episode 18 - Course: Oblivion

Summary - THE MOST DEPRESSING EPISODE OF VOYAGER sees the entire crew and the ship die, no hope, no maybe's, nothing...

obliv1copybq9.jpg

Season 5 Episode 24 - Relativity

Summary - Captain Braxton is at it again this time he plants a temporal bomb on voyager that creates temporal stresses within the ship until it is torn appart.

rela1copyln1.jpg

And a side note: Yes this thread is meant to be ironic.

The problem with Timeless, Relativity AND Year Of Hell is that there is that the glorious reset button is hit at the end and everything works out just fine.

In a similar way to Deadlock or Course Oblivion where *A* Voyager and her crew get blown up - but it's ok, still got another one spare.

So, it's trying to give you the emotional punch of something dramatic but then eat the cake as well by ensuring that the status quo is maintained.

Which is really where Voyager went wrong... people have huge life changing experiences... and then never talk about them again. I suppose Year of Hell sums it all up pretty well... and so, I will choose it. If only it had happened.

The problem with Timeless, Relativity AND Year Of Hell is that there is that the glorious reset button is hit at the end and everything works out just fine.

In a similar way to Deadlock or Course Oblivion where *A* Voyager and her crew get blown up - but it's ok, still got another one spare.

So, it's trying to give you the emotional punch of something dramatic but then eat the cake as well by ensuring that the status quo is maintained.

Which is really where Voyager went wrong... people have huge life changing experiences... and then never talk about them again. I suppose Year of Hell sums it all up pretty well... and so, I will choose it. If only it had happened.

That's certainly a better reason for 'none of the above'.

I chose "Course : Oblivion". Why? Because it wasn't 'the' Voyager that got snuffed out, it was the poor Y-class silver sludge that had taken their forms and decided to continue their voyage home. They just seemed far more diserving given the crummy life they had been dealt (which no one refused to give a sample for)

As a 'not on the list' episode I would've chosen the last episode "Endgame". Apart from erasing an alternate timeline, the series ended with them getting home with all this new tech... and that was it. Voyager was truly destroyed!!!!! (Since they decided to travel back in time about 200 years to the beginning of the Federation instead of making a show around the new tech)

If you're going to say "none of the above" you should at least have a good reason.

Engdame was a suitably silly ending though... Janeway goes "time to do what I do best, ignore everything I've ever said - to save my one true love, SEVEN OF NINE, I'm coming for you baby!"

If you're going to say "none of the above" you should at least have a good reason.

Engdame was a suitably silly ending though... Janeway goes "time to do what I do best, ignore everything I've ever said - to save my one true love, SEVEN OF NINE, I'm coming for you baby!"

I'm glad some people got the point of this thread  :cyclops:

Anyway i voted timeless, i just love the contasting shots of voyager just missing a snow dune then slamming into the ice, and it's very pretty too

If I can work out a way to do a "Voyager: The Abridged Series" I'm going to have to make a running joke of everything being Harry's fault (because there was an almost - OOPS BLEW UP THE SHIP AGAIN!)...

This is a great example of Janeway getting some new technology and then going "better not use this!" Although, that's pretty much Federation policy... find or develop a technology - then, never use it.

Also - doesn't Janeway's decision to try and "land" rate as one of the most idiotic decisions of all time? Last time I checked, it's best to avoid solid objects when moving at high fractions of c.

I review this post many times before voting: I choose the temporal paradox thing Relativity not the finest voyager blow up,  Captain Braxton is relieved instantly and declared incompetent  to command the temporal ship,  more like section 31 guys, one of the most desirable federation jobs, the trek version of MIB, the "Agency" shows this time a strong arm to punish future yet un-committed crimes. the krenim leader would be with no doubt in this galaxy "most wanted"  black list of the first officer of Braxton. 

Voyager exist in  different time lines while in others is already destroyed.

Course Oblivion was second the planet hell could have entered into the federation proto-changeling race , another trek-fan inquiry:  why if they received the specs of the alien-fed vessel they never build one to be more powerful or help the new colective to build a little cube and go together to the Alpha quadrant?

The 37's planet would have been of the federation in the delta quadrant, i guess they always appear in a big hurry and never take a time to stay and prepare a good thing (is a tv show blah blah ya ya we now that :D ) my working fan fiction theory is this: Janeway is obsessed with the idea because she lost her man and her dog...  :'( snif snif yes poor cathy and that stuff  :) the crude reality is another younger woman has his husband... thats her real hurry, he is happy dating other woman  in earth, but  she can't even have wild sex with Commander Chakotai  >:D  but the crew after a year is making the ship an space motel  :) they can't take it anymore and after everyone has a couple everyone obeys Janeway's orders 'cause they have their new relations and the worst thing that could happen is to get killed  ...anyway who cares... Neelix with Seven, The Doctor with Captain Janeway, Chakotai with species 8472,  ;) hopefully one day we'll arrive to Earth and nobody is gonna put that in their reports  >:D  :?: