Journeyman

Carnifex

No one watching this show? I haven't seen any mention of it so I thought that I'd at least post something.

At first I thought it would just be some lame QL rip off, but I was very wrong... it's a very good show.

Basically you've got this guy jumping around in the past trying to fix people's lives (or "tracking" them as the show puts it).. and that's where the QL similarities end... you see he always returns to his own timeframe after (and during) his little trips, so he's also trying to juggle the effects of his "missions", with the inconvienience of suddenly disappearing every so often..

You get to see the effects of his altering the time line and the consequences for him, I'd love to tell you more detailed plot points but I really don't want to spoil it for you.

Give it a try, if you haven't already.

I've been watching this.

At first is was out of convenience since it followed Heroes, but I've begun to enjoy it quite a bit.

(Or maybe laziness, not wanting to find something else to watch.)

I also thought it was going to be a Quantum Leap rip off, but I think it's much better than QL.

But I do have to say that I'm not quite sure about his wife starting to get all bent out of shape over his "traveling", it's not like he has a choice and he might as well make the most of it if he can.

Time to open a bank account in the past or maybe buy Google stock on opening day. :P ;)

But I do have to say that I'm not quite sure about his wife starting to get all bent out of shape over his "traveling", it's not like he has a choice and he might as well make the most of it if he can.

Dude I'm surprised she hasn't divorced his ass. :P

He keeps disappearing.. and even sometimes in the middle of a conversation... not to mention all the hassle with the brother it's causing... plus the whole "Livy" thing. ;)

plus the whole "Livy" thing. ;)

OK, ok, I'll give ya that.

But what would you say in court???

"Well your Honor, he's never home because he keeps spontaneously time traveling and seeing his ex-girlfriend from 1948."  ;D

She might not have to mention it in a separate court case, probably just have a word with one of the federal judges.. he going down anyways. :D

"Well your Honor, he's never home because he keeps spontaneously time traveling and seeing his ex-girlfriend from 1948."  ;D

eh???

sounds like a 'good night sweet heart' rip too lol!!

eh???

sounds like a 'good night sweet heart' rip too lol!!

I see where you are going.. but no, you have completely missed the mark,  BTW it's not a funny.. it all drama.

The ending of the first episode will hook you.

Yes a lot of the initial pre-air talk was of "a new QL" though really to me it seems to share a lot with things like The Butterfly Effect, where consequences are felt in the present day. I do know that TBE was rumoured to be heading to a series but failed - it was a good film, but not sure how good a series (especially considering how bad the sequel was).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally finished watching all of them. Signed the save journeyman petitions as could do with a 2nd season

Were they still airing them? I thought due to the writers strike it stopped.

Darn I must have missed almost half of the season.  :'(

Petitions? Are they not planning on bringing it back or is this "just in case"?

• 2 weeks later...

Finally finished watching all of them. Signed the save journeyman petitions as could do with a 2nd season

Were they still airing them? I thought due to the writers strike it stopped.

Darn I must have missed almost half of the season.  :'(

Petitions? Are they not planning on bringing it back or is this "just in case"?

You can view episodes you may have missed @ NBCs website I believe.