Doctor Who - Voyage of the Damned

TFMF

There's one thing I have to say about this special: Plot Device Overload!

... not one noble sacrifice... no, that wouldn't be enough!  They needed THREE (or four, if you include the shooting of the midshipman).  Dramatic face shots?  Tons!  Music cues followed by dramatic slowdowns?  At least two.

The spiny headed guy was ridiculous, really... more than a little cheesy... as was Max.  ;p

On the bright side, it was a hilarious spoof... of something.  Very funny, and just serious enough to keep from falling over the side to pure comedy. ^^

This episode was going really well up until....."Maaaaaaax *ting*". I was really hoping for a Dalek to come through those doors, but no, Max on wheels.

It was a very sad ep, lots of death, which as was mentioned in a different topic, was a bit surprising.

Opening theme tune change! Yay! About time, though I suspect this was only for the special, and won't be sticking for season 4. Was a nice change though. In any case, I liked it, but I think it missed some potential at the end. They had this big mystery about what was going on with the Titanic, and the captain, etc.

In other news: Season 4 looks good. :D

i agree with you guys

i thought it was a dalek

too

i still am not sure what to make of the ep

i mean dont get me wrong it wasn't bad

i just thought it was missing something you know :p

I'm the same - quite melancholy; didn't hate but don't like it either. It just didn't feel right.

Best part of the Xmas special was....the preview of the next series.  Kind of looking forward to unpretty companion for a change.  Catherine Tate....what is she, some kind of low-rent Tracey Ullman or something?

More like Sarah Silverman if the episode of her show I saw was anything to go by.

She did a fine performance for a Royal Variety Show but she's a rather gritty unfunny actress when she isn't doing specials. She was the one in last year's Xmas episode, "The Runaway Bride".

A better performance (Comic Relief 2007):

[yt=425,350]WxB1gB6K-2A[/yt]

A worse one (which I actually had to stop watching before I broke my screen)

[yt=425,350]zij3fucU9kE[/yt]

• TFMF unpinned this topic