Stargate Atlantis 4x12 [Spoils of War]

Tablet

atl41204jq8.jpg

Discuss the latest episode of Atlantis [4x12 - Spoils of Warl]

You can also vote on how good you thought the episode was however you should only vote if you have seen this episode.

This thread may contain spoilers, so don't read any further unless you have watched the episode or if you are comfortable seeing what the episode is about.

Before the episode airs or before you have seen the episode, you can also use this thread to discuss rumours, spoilers and your hopes for what this episode will be about.

[spoiler=Brief synopsis]The team obtains a Wraith Hive ship after the battle with the Replicators and learn something new about their enemy.

<<< Episode 4x11 Discussion

Very Good.

Not as edge of your seat kinda action and story as last week, but I still enjoyed it a lot.

At first I thought the main wraith answering to the queen was Michael, sorta looked like him. But if it was I think Sheppard and company would have said something.

So I wonder how many more of these clone facilities are around?  :thinking:

Bah! Had I known you were watching SG:A, I wouldn't have mentioned SSI to you! :p

Anyway, I actually really enjoyed this episode. I liked how it followed on from last weeks story, so it wasn't really a filler ep. I notice Carter absent ONCE AGAIN. Why is she in the credits again?

At first I thought the main wraith answering to the queen was Michael' date=' sorta looked like him. But if it was I think Sheppard and company would have said something.[/quote']

I thought that too, but thankfully it wasn't. We'll see him later on. ;)

Anyway, I actually really enjoyed this episode. I liked how it followed on from last weeks story, so it wasn't really a filler ep. I notice Carter absent ONCE AGAIN. Why is she in the credits again?

Yea, I noticed she wasn't active in this episode. I think she's in the credits because you see a brief glimpse of her in the intro sequence.  :cyclops:

At first I thought the main wraith answering to the queen was Michael' date=' sorta looked like him. But if it was I think Sheppard and company would have said something.[/quote']

I thought that too, but thankfully it wasn't. We'll see him later on. ;)

I think you're right about that, and what ever happened to Ford? Did I miss something or did he just fall off the map?

Maybe Michael and Ford will return as a team. Doubt it.  :thinking:

Bah! Had I known you were watching SG:A, I wouldn't have mentioned SSI to you! :p

SSI?

SSI = Server Side Includes. It's to do with a new site I'm working on for NiteSciFi. TetsuoShima was just helping me (And failing).

Anyway, I'm sure Ford will resurface at some point. The ship he was on before we lost contact with him only exploded, so I'm sure he's fine and well.

Not bad. Following on from a previous episode and featuring our favourite Wraith - TODD!

Interesting to find out how the Wraith managed to beat the Lanteans... ah, hubris... Quite why the Ancients though their ships were unbeatable is beyond me. Sure drones are Wraith raping machines but the Aurora class battleship isn't all that.

Nice dynamic... it wasn't really by the books, which I liked. The bit with the Queen getting controlled and stuff, crashing the ship into the station... the explanation of the cloning facility... I'm not really seeing how that would win the war. Sure you could just toss troops away but that doesn't really explain how they'd achieve superiority in space. I mean... it's not as if the warriors seem to be good at much beyond dying... so, one has to ask how they managed to get a fleet to beat the Ancients...

I guess this means the Wraith will be tied up in their civil war a while longer... It strikes me that when they're done, the SGC should move in and school them. They made light work of the Aurora ships... a bunch of hive ships should be a cake walk...

It has been a while since we heard from Ford... He escaped the exploding ship by jumping into the beam of a dart, as I recall... Michael has been away for some time... He had quite the reason for revenge... maybe he's taken a holiday with his beasties. To be honest, it might be a good time for them to reappear. While we have evil Weir on the loose... the Ancient replicators are gone and the Wraith are fighting themselves. So, he might be a good stop gap.

Personally though, I really want to see the Replicators finished. Forever. If they must have Evil Weir and her chums, then get her to have a big season finale showdown where they all get blasted to pieces. Never to return. There was an open letter to Sci-fi I read somewhere, where someone said that Stargate was stale... well, I'd agree with that when we REPEATEDLY have the same bad guys brought back. How many times did Apophis, Anubis and Baal all "die" only to resurface. Ditto the replicators. Hardly seemed worth having the Wraith with the Replicators doing most of the bad guying.

After watching this (which I voted very good) it would be interesting if they had a odd episode based on Atlantis tell the story more about the ancients in there time.

Was really interesting hearing more about the war between the wraith & ancients