10 things about Voyager

Rara Avis

Question: Seven of Nine's "Dermaplastic Garment". WTF?

Her outfit is the only costume on the show where you can see the line of her panties as a relief underneath. Why wasn't she issued... you know... clothing? Like a pair of slack or a skirt and a top?

And considering how shameless the "uniform" was for her - how come when Seven travelled the corridors, gravity seemed to ignore her... extensions? I don't know about you, but wouldn't it take a stupendous feat of engineering to keep them from bouncing around like a pair of UFC fighters just after the first call?

Maybe that's where all the show's budget went after season 4.

I believe I read (somewhere) that the wardrobe people had her laced into some kind of tight, restrictive girdle type thingy that made her boobs so prominate. If this is true, it might explain the lack of giggle.  :p

Question: Seven of Nine's "Dermaplastic Garment". WTF?

Her outfit is the only costume on the show where you can see the line of her panties as a relief underneath. Why wasn't she issued... you know... clothing? Like a pair of slack or a skirt and a top?

And considering how shameless the "uniform" was for her - how come when Seven travelled the corridors, gravity seemed to ignore her... extensions? I don't know about you, but wouldn't it take a stupendous feat of engineering to keep them from bouncing around like a pair of UFC fighters just after the first call?

Maybe that's where all the show's budget went after season 4.

That's very possible. 7 of 9 was an eyesore after a while because her character was never allowed to just relax and be happy. It's a shame really because Jeri Ryan is and was a really good actress. She should have been dressed in normal clothes, even a starfleet uniform. I'm sure if Neelix can be made a starfleet member that 7 of 9 could as well. She looked good in her starfleet uniform in 'Relativity'. In season 7 when we saw her without her borg implants and with normal clothes she again looked good. I guess they felt she got the show better ratings whenever she was on screen. That can't be good for the show's ratings I would think.