STAR TREK XI Teaser; anyone seen it?

hayden

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I`ll be getting my electric arc welding kit out of the garage for the next convention.

If you were Kirk wouldnt you be worried flying around in a space ship held togther with welds?

History lesson for you:

During WW2 America prided itself on its turn out of merchant ships. They increased the speed at which they could build the ships by welding the steel rather than riviting. GUess what happened to these ships..they suffered hull and deck cracks and some did sink because of the welded structure.

Already I can see that science is totally out the window with this new Trek. I`m not surprised.

I hope this is a fake.

The arc welding but was done on purpose to illustrate that the reboot will use what ever looks good on film, as opposed to scientific realities...

.. and guess what?.. non fans are going to love it.. which means that 'Trek' from now on will be made for the general public and not for the fans..

The history and cannon thrown out of the window, in favour of a bigger, lamer audience and more shallow shineys.

Trek is dead... long live something else.

I'm not saying that 10 seconds of people with goggles welding has made me conclude this is a bad film but then again, I've yet to hear anything about this film that fills me with anything but apathy and disinterest.

JJ Abrams isn't exactly netting any points after Cloverfield.

Because if there are any welds in todays space shuttles they are 'seam welded' which is a very different process often undertaken by automation or robots.

My problem is they are assembling enterprise in the 23rd Century using WW2 production methods.

My problem is they are assembling enterprise in the 23rd Century using WW2 production methods.

Hahaha, so true. It's clear what happens when you let an arrogant dumb-ass who probably failed basic science and is stuck in the comic universe produce a movie for THE scifi universe.

(ask any regular joe to name a scifi show and they'll probably say star trek)

I can imagine JJ whats his face reading this thread thinking we are a bunch of fan boy geeks just looking to find fault with this.

If you are reading this JJ whats your face....scrap the welders mate. Enterprise would be assembled on a production platform using Robots and automated processes. You could always dare i say be 'creative' since this is a science fiction film and invent your own production methods. WOW theres a concept for you.

.......I`m off to sell all the merchandise in my collection.......it'll be worthless after this...........mark my words!