How old are you?

TetsuoShima

Wow, these poll results are awesome. I've been a member / mod / admin in a number of communities, and this is by far the most diverse group I've ever seen. Kids under 16, wisened elders over 55 (with a good mix of gay /straight / bi, religious diversity, and surely a diverse mix of ethnicity) co-existing on the same board (reletively) peacefully, all brought together by our mutual love for all things sci-fi.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, this is quite a diverse community. That was to be expected however. I also expected it to be right skewed to the normal distribution as you can clearly see it is. The fact that the group between 22 and 28 is the biggest was also expected. I didn't expect the group between 16 and 21 to be that big however. This poll clearly shows that scifi is of all ages, but the ages with most access/activity to the internet are best represented.

BTW. My own age is 26 and everybody who supports this site and its contents rocks!!!

It is clearly right skewed, but from the looks of it, the standard deviation is quite large. It's hard to say from this poll that Sci-Fi targets a specific demographic (like 18-24 year old males). The M/F poll made it clear that this community is very skewed toward males though.

I can with great pride say that i worked on

a computer called friend/kompis(the spellling on the swedish word im a bit uncertain on)used a light weight version of pascal me thinks. that was around 86-87

went on a course for learning ABC 80 in sweden :D

• 1 month later...