COIN-OP - Which is your favourite?

Chiggy

coin-op haha do people even know what that is LOL!!!

I can't say i had a favorite cause i didn't have much money when i was a ball of snot, but when i did get the chance, i used to play turbo out run... i guess the lure of the cars was all that was needed... oh yeah there was another little game ~ street fighter 2 yeah that was pretty popular..... :)

wot?? some one was gonna mention it sooner or later!! :P

Damn you guys make me feel old..........and I`m still in my 20's!

I remember the original Outrun. That had a very catchy tune.

My friend had the Simpsons in his house............the four player version!

The two games I spent on the most part 'watching' were Double Dragon and Golden Axe.

When the games companies starting charging 20p per play instead of the traditional 10p many players became upset.............I guess somebody in the industry got greedy.

I had a bunch of different favorites. Probably my top favorites as a kid were A.P.B. and StarRider, for the era a really fantastic 3-D futuristic motercycle racing game. Also, Joust, Crossbow, Star Wars, Tron, Discs of Tron, Gauntlet, Paperboy, and a weird Pac Man variant that had 3 three side doors with a fourth through the top of the screen every other level beginning with the third. These levels didn't have the usual maze either, just a large room.

"The force will be with you always!"............in a rather glitchy digitised effect. Yep I remember the original Star Wars. The problem was with that one, was that everytime i let go and let the force flow......I died. I guess the force wasnt with me at age 6.

Two of my early favourites were Commando and 1942.

Another favourite was Aliens. A side scrolling shooter where as 1p you can control Ripley or as 2p the blonde spikey haired chap.

Oh I had bunches of favorites:

Outrun

Bostonian

Joust

Robotron

Street Fighter 2

Asteroids

Space Invaders

Centipede

Defender

the list goes on and on.

Lots of Pinball games too.

I loved those days. That's why I've been doing the MAME thing for awhile now.

I actually own Street Fighter 2, Doctor Who Pinball and Pistol Poker Pinball.

They used to have Afterburner as my local ten pin blowling place. It was the one where you sit on a seat move the joystick and the seat moves. Very crude.

Yeah I remember th Street Fighter days...........the days when I could hit people with a combo and they couldnt even move. I even bought a video that showed how to execute the combos.

However I always thought Samurai Showdown was the better game.

Metal Slug...........yep I remember playing that in 1997. Are you it was out prior to 1995?

Some of those Neo Geo games are fantastic. I remember going on eBay last year thinking I could buy a Neo Geo games console for a few pounds.............I thought wrong they are still worth hundreds!