Stargate Atlantis [4x18 - The Kindred Part 1]

Tablet

atl41804copyuz1.jpg

Discuss the latest episode of Atlantis [4x18 - The Kindred Part 1]

You can also vote on how good you thought the episode was however you should only vote if you have seen this episode.

This thread may contain spoilers, so don't read any further unless you have watched the episode or if you are comfortable seeing what the episode is about.

Before the episode airs or before you have seen the episode, you can also use this thread to discuss rumours, spoilers and your hopes for what this episode will be about.

[spoiler=Brief synopsis]While a disease spreads through the Pegasus Galaxy, Teyla believes the father of her child is trying to communicate with her.

<<< Episode 4x17 Discussion

hahaha! This was another brilliant ep.

It was nice seeing the return of Todd, Michael, and of course (!!!) Beckett! Oh, and Carter in yet another episode - that's 3 in a row! :D

As the story goes, it was nice how it built up slowly, and there were certainly some :O moments and unanswered questions there - always good! So yes, I can see this being  a great season finale. Look forward to seeing how it turns out. :)

"Finally, it's about bloody time! What took you so long??"

:D

I don't think I can say much more than whats already been said.

I liked this episode a lot and I look forward to seeing how it all plays out.

So is Dr. Beckett a cylon, err replicator ;D, or not?

The commercials seem to want us to believe he may not be.

I was watching this... and I had a good feeling, I think that Tayla's search for her people has been a nice element... Atlantis needs to do more of that sort of thing, although this season has been the best so far.

Anyway... the first half was kind of the standard fare. Looking around and so on... we get the first hit - someone is randomly poisoning people... with the Wraith vaccine. I actually thought Genii for a while. You actually get the impression the Wraith are in kind of a bad way... I just wish that they'd elaborate upon it at greater length. All we really get are "Todd updates". It's kind of cool to have Todd be a recurring character. He's interesting, while the Wraith are still big ol' space vampires, him and Michael have at least made things a little bit more interesting.

So, anyway, we had the random poisoning/disease turn out to be a rather more calculated plan... at the hands of Trip! I mean, Michael and he was behind Tayla's visions... both those things made sense... I'm still a little confused as to how he managed to go from exiled Wraith to bad guy o' the week to major baddie.

Beckett, eh? That was kind of the cherry on top, wasn't it? A clone, perhaps?

Erm I voted "pretty good", this story did take some time to get going but was enjoyable.  I think that there was abit of overjoy in seeing Todd, Michael and beckett back in one episode (especially Beckett far better as the stargate doctor than the plain jane doc).

One question thought, until the daedalus got told not to destroy the wraith crusier surely they got at least two good hits with the beam weapon (if you recall the replicator ships only took one!).

• 2 weeks later...

It's hard to judge a two parter, since this one is the build up ep, with a galactic pandemic as the major plot.

Not much to consider in it yet and I have to admit that the Teyla 'visions' were a bit annoying (since I consider that 'magic' and not 'scifi'), but seeing Beckett appear in the end was a surprise.

A Pretty Good given...

EDIT: Almost for got mention that when I saw the name Connor Trinner appear I got a bit annoyed. I wish they would add the credits in the end, where they belong...

• 2 weeks later...

EDIT: Almost for got mention that when I saw the name Connor Trinner appear I got a bit annoyed. I wish they would add the credits in the end, where they belong...

Same here, almost as bad as putting an episode preview in there (which I'm glad they don't), ruins the surprise - though you then think "ooo X is in it, wonder where they'll show up" and you start looking for when rather than it being a surprise.

Good opener for a 2-parter