Battlestar Galactica Season 4 - Spoilers

Ulysses

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting... I am very curious as to how this season will turn out. It's unfortunate the second half of the season has only just started production, so we probably won't see past episode 10 for a while.

Still, keeps us in suspence :)

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a spoiler for you.

They'll get to Earth or not. It's the last series so there has to be an overall conclusion.

I personally think they'll get to earth.

Arrrh remember it maybe not as simple of if get get to earth or not, for starters, they could find earth and we could of been still in the 11th century or something like that, or they could arrive at earth in 4000AD and we have destroyed the planet centuries ago...so there is the earths timeline to consider.

Secondly, BSG and the fleet could have the cylon basestars shadowing them and by going to earth it could result in the cylons finding it as well...so they would have to find it but make it appear that they aint (just like in the original show).

btw does it strike you that Earth was the "13"th colony?

Not for me. Sure, the number 13 is infused with meaning in a lot of myths, christianity in particular, but in this case I think the meaning is pretty straight forward. The 12 tribes/colonies represent the 12 signs/constellations of the Zodiac. Geminon is in the constelation of Gemini, and so on. I think the symbolism pretty much ends there. Earth isn't part of any constellation, or at least if we are, then it isn't something we can be privy to from our vantage point. There are 12 signs, to place us within the zodiac you'd have to make one up. 12+1=13. 13 (like 1 through 12) is a common number and beyond that, I don't place any value on numerology.

Actually there are 13 constellations, the 13th lesser known constellation is Ophiuchus - The Serpent Holder, but is not part of the more popularly known 12 Zodiac constellations.

There are a LOT more constellations than 13, but there are only 12 Zodiac.

Actually there are 13 constellations, the 13th lesser known constellation is Ophiuchus - The Serpent Holder, but is not part of the more popularly known 12 Zodiac constellations.

True enough, sorry for not elaborating properly.

The zodiacal constellations, or those along the ecliptic, are actually 13 because ophiucus is along the sun ecliptic when seen from earth. So although there're quite a lot more constellations, there're 13 zodiacal ones.