2 word review of Torchwood Season 1

gjnave

Totally lame[br]Posted on: March 08, 2008, 09:32:49 AM

Ok.. now having gotten my little one-liner in with the subject line and the opener:

I was very dissapointed with Torchwood after being totally taken in by Dr. Who. I was expecting a lot more... main problems:

1) Does Jack have to kiss everyone? In fact, does everyone have to kiss everyone else? I feel like the police women has been taken in by a weird cult where everyone has sex with everyone else - kinda like "Friends".

3) The Cyber-women epsidoe ...    ::)

4) The show is interesting in some of it's stuff... but the main thing we end up saying after watching an episode is .. "Wow... that was lametastic".

Sorry for all of you who like the show. Admittedly I'm only thorugh like 5 episodes, and will most likely end up watching them just because I have them. However, to get anyone else in the family to watch is not easy and they are low on my priority list. Sorely dissapointed.

Does anyone feel the same? Does it get better in Season 2?

Cheers

The final episode of S1 is absolutely the best, trust me. And Im hoping well see the 'mysterious' old man again. S1 had its moments, ups and downs, like every other show out there. Ive not seen anything past ep1 in S2 yet so cant comment but probably still lots of kissing LOL...ya have to laugh really.

I have very mixed feelings on this show.

It really doesn't have the energy which makes me really like a sci-fi show, but at the same time, some of the later episodes in season 1 were very good. From what I've seen of season 2, it does get better, but I'm still not all that impressed.

Season 2 has managed to - after the first episode - tone down the homosexual aspect... but they've replaced that with a lot of schmaltz and overblown melodrama, I think almost every episode has had people doing the heroic sacrifice thing... it's getting a bit tired, really.