Torchwood 2x13 [Exit Wounds]

TetsuoShima

Well, since I've already made the thread for next week, I may as well go ahead and make threads for the remaining episodes in this season too. Better too soon, than too late. Then again, in this case it seems to be both. :D

---

TORCHWOOD 2x13 [Exit Wounds]

Episode Discussion

[spoiler=Brief Synopsis]Captain John Hart returns to have his revenge on Torchwood. Taking Captain Jack prisoner, he sends him back in time for a long overdue reunion. Without their leader, Torchwood are faced with a city flooded with Weevils, on the brink of destruction. But who is Captain John really working for? Can anyone trust him? And how great a price must Torchwood pay to save the city?

Feel free to vote and discuss this episode

*SPOILERS ALLOWED!* :D

---

From the synopsis, this seems to have the potential to become a good finale!

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm, the start was promising and pretty decent, but then after a certain point it just becomes so boring and meaningless. In a sense, I'm glad this season is finally over. They really need to come up with some better implementations of storylines for next season (if there's even going to be one?) or just quit...

TOSHIKO! NOOOOOOO!

It was kind of obvious that Owen would die... it seemed a tad excessive to off Toshiko... although, if all she was going to do was pine over Owen (again) then I suppose they didn't have any ideas for what to do with the character.

But yes, it started out with the suspense and then stuttered. Getting buried alive for the best part of two millenia must be a pain.

I liked it, it did fall flat at one point, but I still enjoyed it.

Bummer Tosh is gone. :'( Yea, expected Owen to eventually disappear.

Yep! Sure would stink to be buried for that long. It's no wonder Jack hasn't gone completely mad with going back and fourth through time and the things that has happened to him.

Or maybe he is??? :cyclops:

Glad to see the kissing was restricted to the cheek this episode. :-*

Yeah, looks like Porkwood managed a record low of kissing/sexing - homosexual or otherwise.

I think it's mildly unbelievable that anyone could essentially be in a state of perpetual sensory deprivation for two millenia and not go utterly insane. Most people crack after a couple of DAYS. Maybe he just got his head down for a good sleep?

Anyway, I think it started out with the flashy explosions and then we go "Oh, it's all Jack's brother." And then we were pretty much waiting for Capn. Jack to show up and save the day... because that's just how the show works. It did feel like it fell flat. Just a little aimless once Spike reveals that, actually - no, it wasn't him having a hissy fit.

I think it's mildly unbelievable that anyone could essentially be in a state of perpetual sensory deprivation for two millenia and not go utterly insane. Most people crack after a couple of DAYS. Maybe he just got his head down for a good sleep?

Most likely he simply remained dead until he was unearthed, and the years merely passed by unnoticed by him. Obviously there's no evidence to support Jack's brother's belief that Jack would keep reviving every few minutes for eternity, since there has never before been a person like him who cannot die.

I find it interesting that this is the third time that he's crossed his own timeline. It means that there were 3 Jacks in existence in Great Britain during WWII.

As a finale, this episode did a good job of taking themes from other episodes and bringing them together.

However, it was still -so bad-.

Grey a bad guy? Oh no! Didn't see that one coming! [/sarcasm]

And a killing spree of characters? What is this, Gundam Zeta?

Poor Toshiko, life just took a giant crap on her over and over again.

I'm so happy this ended the season and we don't have another episode of this same story dragging on. This season of Torchwood was alright, it had some highs and lows, but this episode is def. the low water point.