Prequel 'Caprica' to go into production

slug

Good news, however I have doubts about a sci-fi series having the same feel as "Dallas" but as RDM is doing it I am sure it will make this apealing as BSG.

The main point in this new show would be the rise of the Cylons, my main question is would this actually cover the actual first Cylon war?  Guess its to early to find out.[br]Posted on: March 20, 2008, 04:59:59 AM

the other bit I was pleased to read was....

"The fourth season of Battlestar Galactica kicks off on March 28 at 10 p.m. ET/PT with two back-to-back half-hour specials, with the first new episode premiering the following week, April 4, at 10 p.m."

It sounds rather tedious and slow. Plus the limited budget will increase the number of real world locations to the point of stretching believability, for an advanced space fairing society.

I'd say they should at least do some kind of miniseries based in the first Cylon war, expanding on what they did in Razor, while they have the sets still standing.

If this show can combine a decent level of intrigue with its inevitably small budget it may actually flourish with its inevitably small audience. Lets face it, it will probably draw half the viewers of BSG, if its lucky. Given that BSG is arguably the best show on TV and has been for years and still has failed to pull in the numbers, this show will need to be pretty cheap to be worth giving any reasonable lifespan.

it sounds like it may go the way of Crusade, or erhh,, Galactica 1980.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Caprica casting news:

Paula Malcomson (Deadwood) has been cast as the female lead in Caprica, SCI FI Channel's prequel to Battlestar Galactica (...)

Malcomson will play Amanda, a surgeon who works as a double agent, in Caprica, which is set 50 years before the events in Battlestar. Caprica follows the evolution of the Cylon race and the fight between two families.

Link

Esai Morales (CBS' Jericho) has joined the cast of SCI FI Channel's two-hour pilot for Caprica, a prequel to Battlestar Galactica, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

In the Universal Media Studios project, Morales will play Joseph Adama, the father of William Adama (played in Battlestar by Edward James Olmos), who one day will take command of the Galactica.

Joseph is described as a deeply passionate man with a strong sense of justice--and someone you wouldn't want as your enemy.

Paula Malcomson was previously cast as a surgeon who works as a double agent.

Link

Caprica casting news:

Paula Malcomson (Deadwood) has been cast as the female lead in Caprica, SCI FI Channel's prequel to Battlestar Galactica (...)

Malcomson will play Amanda, a surgeon who works as a double agent, in Caprica, which is set 50 years before the events in Battlestar. Caprica follows the evolution of the Cylon race and the fight between two families.

Yay! this is good news