New BSG Fan

vystral

I started watching BSG about a month ago. No real reason why. I watched the miniseries on a Saturday and I just couldn't stop watching.

By the time I finished with season 1, my girlfriend was wondering what I was so consumed with, so she started watching. Now she won't let me watch a single episode without her.

Last night we watched the last 6 episodes of season 3, so that we could get caught up in time for season 4.

BSG has to be one of the best, deepest and most profound television series I have ever seen. I am absolutely hooked on it now and 2 weeks seems like a really long wait for season 4's debut!

I have Razor, but is that a prerecquisite for season 4? I might not have time to watch it.

Hiya vystral

Glad you and your g/f liked it soooooo much, I must say it IS the best Sci-Fi show to come along in a long while, only one thing.....what took you sooo long to watch it lol

anyway season 4 starts very soon.....

I have Razor, but is that a prerecquisite for season 4? I might not have time to watch it.

Razor is a parallel story about officer Kendra serving on Pegasus. The timeline spans from the fall of the 12 colonies to roughly the end of season 2, with a lot of flashbacks.

If you like stories about the ugly human side then this is a must see, but it's not necessary in order to continue with season 4, except maybe for one 'little' detail... the harbinger of death... :-x

BattleStar Galactica is a brilliant show. Definitely rates as one of my top 5, at least :P

I would recommend watching Razor, but like Hilander said, it's not essential, and could be watched at any time, really.

If you like stories about the ugly human side then this is a must see, but it's not necessary in order to continue with season 4, except maybe for one 'little' detail... the harbinger of death... :-x

There was another main point which I cant really say to much which I think will be very relivant to season 4,  All I will say "its happened before & it will happen again"

only one thing.....what took you sooo long to watch it lol

I dunno. The last TV series I dedicated myself to watch from start to finish was DS9. By the time that was finished, both her and I were just lost. I wondered if I would ever have such a viewing experience again.

I heard good things about BSG and I guess curiosity just got the best of me. I was in search of that viewing experience I had with DS9. Well, it looks like I found it again.

The advantage BSG has is that it's going to be wrapping up with season 4, so they know that they've got to wrap up storylines and go out with a bang, etc. Plus it won't be stretched thin, like SG-1 and later Star Trek incarnation were.

Plus it won't be stretched thin, like SG-1 and later Star Trek incarnation were.

I totally agree. Now, don't get me wrong, I loved DS9 and the other trek series. But, I did find them a little stretched. DS9 could have been 4 or 5 seasons instead of 7.

That's true. So could have Voyager. And ENT could have been shorter too. Why drag a story out to the point that people fall asleep after the first episode?

Of course this simply does not apply to BSG, make it as long as possible, we will still be glued to our tv sets watching.

I haven't been a huge fan of BSG due to the fact that I travel a lot and always miss episodes. However, the Scifi channel just finished running a ton of them. Since I'm home with a broken leg (don't ask!) it was the perfect opportunity to get caught up. I also watched the season premier. WOW!!! What a great fraking show. Now I am a huge fan! I dig it because it is less about scifi and more about the human condition and the struggle to survive. Great stories, great actors. This is the type of show we need more of for sure. What more need I say?

BTW, what the frak does the WWF have to do with scifi? I thought most of the movies made for the Scifi channel are lame but this takes the cake!  :grr:

I dig it because it is less about scifi and more about the human condition and the struggle to survive.

Exactly, my friend. That's what got me hooked.

Absolutely!

I'm mixed on the upcoming series ending, on one hand I don't want to see it go, but on the other hand I like the idea it's going to end on a high note.

And yes... WWF on SciFi, WTF! (Although, you can't get much more fictitious.) ;D