Mac Os Anybody?

hayden

I recently invested in a macbook pro after using a PC my entire life, and am finding it fantastic. I'm just wondering if anybody around here also uses a mac and would like to fill me in on some neat little features they know to make it easier to use, or some programs i should invest in..

The only down point atm is the fact that ive never kept track of the macs before and dont really know whats good and not.

any suggestions would be great.

Macs are the greatest thing in the world.

Programs to get hold of.

VLC for media player.

Quicksilver (www.blacktree.com) - it's a cool thing like spotlight but a bit quicker and prettier

For a web browser, i suggest downloading one of the WebKit nighty builds. they're really good.

Onyx is good for hidden settings.

i had a quick look at quicksilver a little while ago n just had another look then. However i fail to see the point in getting a program which does what leopard does anyway. unless im missing something.. and further elaboration on what i can use it for?? it does seem cool though, the whole

In the end, Quicksilver has one very important effect: the effort of frequent tasks fades into the background and you are able to act without thinking. After an adaptation period, Quicksilver becomes an extension of yourself; the process fades away leaving only the results.

thing.

Ive currently got Firefox as my web browser, would you still recommend WebKit?

And ill have to get Onyx, but since i am unaware to what i need onyx for yet--not knowing what settings i can change and what not-- i doubt i will use it.

I'm not to sure! I know if i want to do some gaming im generally switching to windows.. All my games are for PC and there doesnt really seem to be that much of a market for games on Mac anyways.

One thing that i would like to do is add a note to my desktop like the ones in dashboard, but right on the desktop so its there all the time. does osx leopard let me do this or do i need to find a program of sorts?