BSG Season 4 x 01 - He That Believeth In Me

Ulysses

BSG Season 4 x 01 - He That Believeth In Me

This thread is locked until the episode is aired on 4th April

Warning Spoiler Alert below........

The superb Battlestar Galactica is back for its final season and we have a few spoilers from the thrilling opening episode, which boasts a magnificent performance from Katee Sackhoff as the returning Starbuck. However, amongst the following nuggets of info there's one fake spoiler thrown into the mix. Can you detect it?

Lee Adama contemplates whether his brother was a Cylon

Tigh is seen to shoot William Adama, but not fatally.

Baltar discovers a shrine in his honour.

There's something very strange about Starbuck's Viper.

Starbuck returns to Galactica but believes she has only been gone hours, not months.

Baltar has sexual relations with a human female, as opposed to Number Six.

Tyrol and Sharon reignite their romance after she discovers the truth about him.

Anders makes eye contact with a Centurion Cylon.

Whilst I was very happy with this being back on again, however felt abit let down how they resolved the battle...

The Starbuck story was very interesting with her spanking new viper......the only bit i felt let this down was the baltar storylines.

In all i voted pretty good.

i enjoyed it.

However i get a 'lost' feeling from it.

Like it's gonna take 5 episodes for something BIG to happen.

I just got lost. I clearly need to watch season 3 again. However, it was an enjoyable episode, though I did feel it was drawn out, to the point where it wasn't worthy of a season opener.

Still good, and I'm glad we're still being left with plenty of questions.

Would very much agree in it not quite matching up to season opener standards, like those of 'Scattered' or 'Occupation,' suitably well picked up from where we left off but a bit anticlimactic.

It may still be the case that the fleet they encountered are 'final five' cylons separate from the others, which I was beginning to doubt after it became apparent that it did open into a battle scene.

May be the case that the show becomes too bogged down in preordained quest elements and mystery traitor themes which were always the lower brow aspects of the show.

The search for Earth could probably be tackled with a bit more well thought out curiosity, with maybe a few small societies found along the way etc, rather than the sensationalist elements. The show has clearly taken on a mythical quest set by a supernatural being theme. Although it is nice to through in some classical narrative techniques I can't help get the feeling that this has always been made up on the fly, as has the basic premise of the show.

All that said. Its still the best thing ever, regardless of whether you may be talking about TV shows, food, emotions, concepts etc.

Even if it hasn't been the sensation it could have been and if the prequel doesn't get picked up I predict it's going to achieve MASSIVE cult/mainstream status in reruns and DVD sales. Through word of mouth and the desire to consume large amounts of serialised fodder. I would say that it will see some kind of resurgence sometime in the next decade when the current run expires.

We're talking TOS proportions.

oh yeh,  but it developed differently with the whole society of fascists people they encountered etc along the way, sort of thing they've held back from in this one and could easily have used to extend it by a couple of worthy seasons.