BSG Season 4 x 03 - The Ties That Bind

Ulysses

[move]ALERT - THERE WILL BE SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD - IF YOU HAVE SEEN THIS EPISODE PLEASE US THE SPOILER TAB FOR ANY OBVIOUS SPOILERS[/move]

BSG SEASON 4 X 03 - THE TIES THAT BIND US

In last week’s episode of Battlestar Galactica we saw what could be the beginnings of a civil war among the Cylons. With half the models in favor of allowing the raiders to be able to “think” for themselves and the other half (plus Boomer) believing the raiders need to be on a tighter leash, things got pretty tense among the cylons.

This article contains some minor episode spoilers.

In this week’s episode of BSG, Callie finds out that Tyrol is a Cylon. Meanwhile, Kara sets off for earth and the cylons deal with the aftermath of last week’s inter-baseship bloodshed.

Episode preview can be seen on the following link :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-A35L843MQ

THIS THREAD WILL BE LOCKED UNTIL AFTER THE EPISODE HAS BEEN AIRED ON FIRDAY

Oh my god Basestars blowing the crap out of each other!  was shame cally was killed off, but wasnt suprised that the skin job killed her and saved her kid, but with the depression etc etc it was the perfect way of the skin jobs of killing her when she knew they where cylons.

When push comes to shove, all skinjobs do the same thing, eh? Is there any difference between the 7 and the final 5? If not, why were the final 5 segregated from the other models? Maybe there was a previous "misunderstanding" among the skinjobs, which resulted in the banishment of five models? Is Cavil some sort of Cylon dictator? That would explain why he's not eager to investigate the final 5, not to mention his actions towards the raiders. Democracy sucks? Even among cybernetic creatures? :D

He, he... So many questions! That's why I like BSG. ;)

After watching this episode again I think I do have a theory of what is gonna happen in the rest of the series...dont read on if you dont wanna know as it could spoil it for you!

With regards to starbuck and the path to earth, when she is in her cabin and painting something above her bed space there is are clues into how she got to earth, if you recall there appears to be 3 or 4 white star shaped things in that painting which I believe are actually ships of light (please recall from the original BSG series war of the gods).

Back in the episode war of the gods in the TOS BSG Apollo, Starbuck and Sheba are brought on board one of the ships of light, when they leave they have no memory of ever being on board, so I think something similar has happened with the new starbuck (this also would explain how she goto earth and got back to the fleet and with her viper being spotless).

Next, in the tv movie razor, the hybrid states that Starbuck is bringer of the Apocalypse.  This could be seen as a bad thing, but depends on the context this is took in, for the cylons this could be a bad thing! but for the humans it could be a good thing, I think this was a attempt as us believing it was the end when in fact it ain't!.

Finally just like in TOS BSG, this BSG also has strong religious overtones which also would point to my theory.

Then again I could of got this all wrong lol...

Best episode of this season yet. Definitely.

Indeed!

best of the season so far

Indeed!

I really liked this episode, and it had some really shocking moments, like the destruction of 6's ships, and whatsherface killing "kally" (Terrible with names). So yeah, much better episode than the previous 2 this season, and still leaves us many questions about what the heck's going on. :D

The Cally thing was pretty predictable... or at least, the skinjob sending her out the airlock... pretty much the moment she appeared, that was obviously going to happen. I'm sort of surprised she didn't blow them away, rather than just getting ready to blow herself out an airlock.

Starbuck is still nuts - check.

To be honest, I'm finding the Cylon storyline to be by far the most interesting... the four on Galactica are... I feel going to be a slow burner. I find Ziggy's ambivalence to be amusing, saying that God will look after their immortal souls... but they're just machines.

But yes, a fairly solid episode.

I want to know why know one has mentioned that Callie's son is also a hybrid yet.

Yea! What's up with that, I was thinking the same thing.

Well, still 17 episodes to go! There's no way they can get away with not bringing that one up.

Obviously, the Cylon chick (yeah, I'm bad with names, too!) was already thinking that Hilo's and Callie's son was a hybrid. That's why she took the baby from her before deep-sixing her.

My thought, now, is Hilo and what's-her-bucket are going to "get together" and raise the baby as loving Cylon parents. Hm.

Obviously, the Cylon chick (yeah, I'm bad with names, too!) was already thinking that Hilo's and Callie's son was a hybrid. That's why she took the baby from her before deep-sixing her.

My thought, now, is Hilo and what's-her-bucket are going to "get together" and raise the baby as loving Cylon parents. Hm.

Helo and a Sharon had the first baby, a girl. Tyrol and Callie had the little boy. Tyrol and Tori may raise the boy or not. We'll see.