DVD to MP4 converter

Ulysses

It's most likely not the best one out there, but I use Handbrake.

Handbrake is fantastic, but recently I can't seem to get the program to work properly. I set everything up, add it to the queue and tell it to start. The program takes like 2 seconds and then finishes without producing a file. This, after several Handbrake reinstalls.

It's most likely not the best one out there, but I use Handbrake.

Handbrake is fantastic, but recently I can't seem to get the program to work properly. I set everything up, add it to the queue and tell it to start. The program takes like 2 seconds and then finishes without producing a file. This, after several Handbrake reinstalls.

Is that the latest version you're having probs with? I've been using Handbrake 6.something for years now and only because of this thread I remembered that should upgrade. Maybe I should keep my older version because I know for a fact that it still works for me?

Yes, I didn't have problems until I upgraded. Could you do me a huge favor and make a zip file of your handbrake for me?

Gladly. Do you use a mac? If you're windows you're better off looking on Pirate Bay or somewhere like that.

edit: Silly me. Plum forgot that HandBrake is for macs only. :)[br]Posted on: April 24, 2008, 03:37:12 AM

I'm not sure how to send a zip file, but it's only a 5.1mb program anyways and most email accounts can handle 10mb files. Do you want me to send it to you as is?

Ah nevermind. I figured it out. I'm learning as I go along. :)

I was just checking out Handbrake and it only supports DVD copy protection for CSS.

No CPPM, RC, RCE, APS, UOPs, ARccOS, RipGuard, FluxDVD or CORE X2.

Seems kinda limited at the moment, but I'll give it an honest test against my DVDFAB.

A decent way to get around that is to backup the DVD to your hard drive using DVDShrink or DVD Decrypter. Then, just load the backup into Handbrake.

I was just checking out Handbrake and it only supports DVD copy protection for CSS.

No CPPM, RC, RCE, APS, UOPs, ARccOS, RipGuard, FluxDVD or CORE X2.

Seems kinda limited at the moment, but I'll give it an honest test against my DVDFAB.

A decent way to get around that is to backup the DVD to your hard drive using DVDShrink or DVD Decrypter. Then, just load the backup into Handbrake.

I used to do that, but that's why I went for the purchase of DVDFAB, because it was a one click operation.

• 1 month later...