Dr Who S4E06 The Doctor's Daughter

Antilles

my guess is, as in all parts of him, he has X and Y chromosomes in his DNA but the easiest way to create a new unique person would be to mix two X chromosomes. A little gene editing and your daughter is alive and able to make new Gallifreyans one day, if she chooses. OR they could have created an actual clone of the doctor with his multi-regenerated and possibly damaged genes.

• 2 weeks later...

Ever watch the movie, Multiplicity? A clone of a clone of a clone of a clone is not the same as the original. My idea is that each regeneration makes him not quite the man he was before. That's why he seems different each time. He is. The genes are scrambled but functional.

Hmm, depending on the perfection of the cloning facility, each clone could (in optimal circumstances) have the exact same gene pattern/looks/etc... at the time of cloning, afterwards, I'd assume they diverge, since people aren't machines and are heavily affected by their surroundings. As far as actual thought processes/memories/etc... are concerned, it would again depend on the cloning process if they were replicated too. Suppose you take a currently very irrealistic process of cloning/duplicating a person (can such a duplication even be called clone, since they currently build 'clones' in a very different way) atom by atom at speeds approaching the speed of light, while you slow down the metabolism of the subject as much as possible. The resulting 'clone' would be identical in every single way to the original, including memories etc... if we suppose there are not made any even tiny mistakes during the process. You could repeat this process again and again, and each time you'd get a 'clone' that's identical to the previous one at the time the process started. There would each time be a tiny difference, since the previous clones would start to differentiate at the moment they are 'activated'.

Now, mind you, that is a very exotic process, it's impossible at this time (who knows, it might be possible in 200-500 years?), but the theory behind it seems solid to me. I don't think we'd currently call it 'clones' though, since they are 'build' quite differently.

Hmm, depending on the perfection of the cloning facility, each clone could (in optimal circumstances) have the exact same gene pattern/looks/etc... at the time of cloning, afterwards, I'd assume they diverge, since people aren't machines and are heavily affected by their surroundings. As far as actual thought processes/memories/etc... are concerned, it would again depend on the cloning process if they were replicated too. Suppose you take a currently very irrealistic process of cloning/duplicating a person (can such a duplication even be called clone, since they currently build 'clones' in a very different way) atom by atom at speeds approaching the speed of light, while you slow down the metabolism of the subject as much as possible. The resulting 'clone' would be identical in every single way to the original, including memories etc... if we suppose there are not made any even tiny mistakes during the process. You could repeat this process again and again, and each time you'd get a 'clone' that's identical to the previous one at the time the process started. There would each time be a tiny difference, since the previous clones would start to differentiate at the moment they are 'activated'.

Now, mind you, that is a very exotic process, it's impossible at this time (who knows, it might be possible in 200-500 years?), but the theory behind it seems solid to me. I don't think we'd currently call it 'clones' though, since they are 'build' quite differently.

Isn't that how the Founders made Weyoun every time they needed a new one?

• 2 weeks later...