3rd Stargate Movie --> Oppinions

hayden

I have heard along the grape vine somewhere that a 3rd Stargate movie is possible and could very well be in the pipeline.. If it did come to fruition what would you expect of it?

Richard Dean Anderson will be getting some much-anticipated screen time in Continuum, and if executive producer Brad Wright has his way, it won't be the last.

"For me, an SG-1 movie should include O'Neill. That's how I feel about Stargate," Wright told us. Already a third SG-1 movie is being considered, and if nothing else, Brad says Jack needs to be back.

"[The third Stargate movie] is an O'Neill story, and I would include as many of our cast as we could, both financially and in terms of availability."

Full Story: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/05/wright_stargate_movies_need_onei.shtml

Would you rather:

• Strictly SG-1
  • Stirctly Atlantis
  • A cross over
  • Or something completely different and spaced out

I'd like to know your ideas :thinking:

The report seems pretty unambiguous... unless they mean "3rd including the original cinematic release". Which doesn't seem to.

I'm not really interested in an O'Neillcentric film... He was totally played out by when he left...

Isn't this simply about Continuum, that's due to for released in about 2 months?

1. Stargate

2. Ark of Truth

3. Continuum

4. ???

Well, if you include Stargate, then the 4th.. But in terms of the television series, the 3rd film. As in one after continuum.

I think they should hire Kurt Russell and James Spader to come back. Due to a few small inconsistencies between the original film and the TV series I never personally considered SG-1 to be a direct sequel to the movie, but rather as taking place in a parallel universe. If done right it would be kind of fun to have Russell's version of O'Neill run up against Anderson's O'Neill. Or it could be completely lame.

I think they should hire Kurt Russell and James Spader to come back. Due to a few small inconsistencies between the original film and the TV series I never personally considered SG-1 to be a direct sequel to the movie, but rather as taking place in a parallel universe. If done right it would be kind of fun to have Russell's version of O'Neill run up against Anderson's O'Neill. Or it could be completely lame.

Yes, maybe, totally, completely lame. lol..

I like your idea of SG-1 in a parallel universe. aha :P

Hm, another SG-1 movie? (Kewl!) Let's see, in Ark of Truth, they did away with the Ori. If I'm "reading" the treatise of Continuum correctly, the Goa'uld return with a vengeance and have to be "put down" again. Perhaps the third (should it be thus) would center around ending the Wraith threat? With Samantha being CO of Atlantis and her and Jack having the hots for each other (oh, come on...you know they do!), he comes to the rescure, hauling the Asgard with him. Yes?

Oh, who knows? I just know that I'll be standing in line at either Sam's Club or Best Buy to snag it when it hits the shelves! :D

With Samantha being CO of Atlantis and her and Jack having the hots for each other (oh, come on...you know they do!), he comes to the rescure, hauling the Asgard with him. Yes?

No. The Asgard are dead, remember? But i would like to see Atlantis in the equation though. :P

Anderson can just about still do whimsical but pretty much has lost his bite. Kind of like John Cleese in his later years. I'd still like to see him, if they can tailor the role to his remaining assets.

Anderson can just about still do whimsical but pretty much has lost his bite. Kind of like John Cleese in his later years. I'd still like to see him, if they can tailor the role to his remaining assets.

Maybe, but i think the absence of him for the last 2 seasons, pretty much the 8th season and complete non-involvement in the Ark of Truth will give him a chance.. The fans will be drooling to see him again, i'd imagine.

I agree they should bring back Kurt Russell and the original cast of heroes from the first film. The first movie had a different feel from the shows.

How so?? I was fully enthralled in both the Original film and the Television Series and corresponding film.