Dr Who S4E07 The Unicorn & The Wasp

Antilles

[move]+++ ALERT - WARNING - THERE WILL BE SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD - IF YOU HAVE SEEN THE EPISODE PLEASE KEEP OBVIOUS SPOILERS HIDDEN BY USE OF THE SPOILER TAB - THANK YOU. ALERT ENDS! +++[/move]

:Antilles: This is the Official discussion thread for Episode 7 of the 2008 Doctor Who. 'Constructive' criticism is welcome.

[glow=white,2,300]This Episode will air at 7:00pm (GMT +1) [/glow]

Synopsis:

In 1926, Agatha Christie's disappearance is explained, with "a Giant Alien Wasp" as the cause. The Doctor and Donna discover a corpse in the library, investigate toxic drinks and encounter a Vespiform seeking revenge

Oh dear....if you dont like murder mysteries then you wont enjoy this at all. Quite a bit of comedy more than anything else. No great sci-fi or links to any other part of the series, unless of course the mention of missing bees has anything to do with that wasp (which I doubt).

Roll on next week and forget this one is all I can say!

I think thats the first time Ive really been a bit negative about Dr Who since Black Orchid.

i love murder mysterys

but hated that ep

eh it was a silly story, silly conclusion

it was funny at bits

but the whole story was awful i felt it was rushed

(though i have to say i am glad it wasn't dragged out in 2 parts)

i will perhaps go into details later

I totally disagree with QS  :P

This episode felt like a classic dr who which someone also mentioned on Irc, Donna came out with some nice one liners and already I think she is much better than martha was, was interesting how it followed the characters out of cluedo lol..

This was a story driven episode (always refreshing and welcome!) with about the only effects being the giant wasp.

In all probably one of the better episodes of this series

I enjoyed this episode, I agree it had a lot of classic feel to it.

I liked most of the comedy in it and even laughed out loud a couple times.

Boy I'll tell yea, if Donna kissed me, I'D BE SHOCKED. :D

The mystery wasn't all that in depth, but what do you expect for a 45 minute "Clue" episode? :cyclops:

I did think the conclusion wasn't all that great, but wasps do drown, so I'll live with it.

Donna's getting better, but I'd still prefer Martha or Rose.

I forgot to mention, just in case non-uk fans didnt see the end credits properly, Dr Who is back in 2 weeks, same thing happened last year. The bloomin Eurovision Political Comedy Show...err I mean Song Contest.

or it could be just a good reason to forget this weeks episode :)

I love how mixed everyone's opinions are.

I actually enjoyed this episode. It wasn't fantastic, but it was definitely a fun and worthwhile episode. There were definitely some silly moments, but it was all good fun.

it just annoyed me sooo much

it was a poor murder mystery story for me

i mean like i said before

it should hv been a 2 parter

but done better

maybe if i  had of read Agatha Christie's books

i would hv appreciated the ep better but i doubt it

i just felt it was rushed

the whole mystery was pretty much rubbish in my opinion

and the conclusion was not great

now it was funny don't get me wrong

but u know me i am very fussy in these things especially dr who cause we all know what they are capable of with eps like blink and doomsday to name but a few

so i can't help but compare them

Well at least the upcoming 2 parter is written by 'Blink' writer Steven Moffat, who is also taking over from RTD as Im sure you know.

If "Silence In The Library/Forest Of The Dead" can prove as popular as "Blink" & "Girl in the Fireplace" as well as his 1st 2 parter "The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances" & "Time Crash" then the future of Doctor Who looks golden.