The Andromeda Strain: A&E makes a mini-series

1211956642.gif

Monday and Tuesday night on A&E. I watched it. Enjoyed it. Catch the reruns.

WEBSITE

Story here. Length is about 3 hours without the commercials.

Benjamin Bratt, Rick Schroder, Eric McCormack, Christa Miller, Andre Braugher, Daniel Dae Kim, Viola Davis and Ted Whittall have signed on to star in the A&E original miniseries "The Andromeda Strain," it was announced today by A&E Network. Production commenced July 3 in Vancouver, British Columbia.

The four-hour miniseries is written by Pulitzer Prize winner Robert Schenkkan and is based on Michael Crichton's best-selling debut novel.

A deadly bacteria code named The Andromeda Strain - is let loose after a U.S. government satellite crash-lands in Utah. The bacteria unleashes a lethal plague that wipes out an entire town leaving only two survivors - an old man and an infant to provide clues to immunizing the population. As the military tries to contain the spreading disaster, only a hastily assembled team of scientists can hope to find a cure and stop the Andromeda Strain from spreading.

1211956708.jpg

:( I wanted to watch it so much but with Comcast's stupid preview guide to, uh, guide me, I was never able to tell when the series started and kept watching the same five minutes in the middle of the silly thing whenver I turned it on. Looked like they aired it all day yesterday (Tuesday) and I managed to miss the whole thing! Gaaaaah!

The story has been updated to be multicultural and the science is better. Many original story elements are in it such as the survivors taken in for experiments, the powdery blood, and the doctor with epilepsy. Parts of it are a little bothersome and preachy but might lead to a sequel do to the new information about Andromeda's origin. I liked it but I tend to be a scifi fanboy.

The story has been updated to be multicultural and the science is better. Many original story elements are in it such as the survivors taken in for experiments, the powdery blood, and the doctor with epilepsy. Parts of it are a little bothersome and preachy but might lead to a sequel do to the new information about Andromeda's origin. I liked it but I tend to be a scifi fanboy.

lol, can't blame you.. scifi is fraking awesome.

Saturday and Sunday, May 31 and June 1, The Andromeda Strain will be rerun again for eastern and pacific time zones. You can watch and decide if it's a decent modern version or not.

Sweet! Thanks for the heads up.

i'd check it out if it was played here... Oh, well. Guess i'll have to wait.

I did try to find other channel outlets for the mini-series. :( 

It seems that

The Andromeda Strain will be premiering on Sky Movies, 10th & 11th May 2008, as a Sky Movies Premiere
. That should mean it's already been shown in the UK. Perhaps, it's been shown other places as well?

Maybe, ill have to look around.. But i doubt it. I don't even know if it will come out over here. Bionic Woman finally got released here only a little while ago. It really does suck.