Doctor Who: Is it really that good?

hayden

I can safely say that i've never watched an entire episode of Dr.Who.

To me it seemed a bit tacky, and quite frankly i can't really take a hero seriously that goes on adventures in a bath robe.. As cool as it is, the only person IMO that can pull this off is Arthur Dent.

However, lately it seems to be getting more and more popular and I'm starting to think this Dr.Who character may be what hes cracked up to be and am left with three dire questions.

•      
  • Did i miss something while watching?

• Is it all that its hyped up to be? and,

• Should i be watching it?

lol :P

* Did i miss something while watching?

* Is it all that its hyped up to be? and,

* Should i be watching it?

Depends, which doctor had the bathrobe? So many regenerations, so little time.

The newer versions are more interesting and still based on the older storyline.

It's fun. It has a pretty girl...usually. It kills an hour very easily. YES!

I think he's referring to "The Christmas Invasion" and the battle with the Sycorax Leader.

275px-The_Christmas_Invasion.jpg

Hayden, I do believe you may not have given it a proper chance.

From the new series I'd suggest you watch all the Steven Moffat episodes:

The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances

The Girl in the Fireplace

Blink

Also, bear in mind that the original series could at times be quite "cheesy"/"tongue in cheek", and that definitely carries over to its return.

Dont know how old you are but Im guessing you didnt grow up with the Doctor. To me, the appeal has always been with me as far back as I can remember.

It has its share of tacky moments, both classic and new series. Youve really got 45 years (minus 16 +1 movie) to catch up on. But definitely you should be watching it, but thats only my opinion. Compared to some of the stuff around these days it certainly beats a lot of em.

Just one word though, ENJOY!

Hey hayden snap i'm 20 too, I did grow up with sunday morning re-runs of Dr Who on UK Gold (and blake's 7 too)

Reccomendtions, only one i can give is if you like the original hitchickers tv show, you'll like the original Dr Who as they share many things.

Oh and did i tell anyone i met Tom Baker and got him to sign a copy of Genesis of the Daleks?  :P