Hellgate: London

I'm not sure if anyone else is playing this game but I've run into a dilemma. I've managed to solve chapters 1 through 4 and am working on the "Beauty Line" quest in Whitecross.

I've consulted the only walkthrough around and it doesn't even go into the strategy for this one so I can only conclude the author hasn't finished the game.

The problem is I don't quite know how to approach this one. There are five beauty line markers that need cleansing. The markers are either (1) surrounded by boils or, (2) surrounded by boils and imp lord troopers. Taking out the boils is no big deal: blast, boom, done. However, destroying the boils alerts the troopers who come storming in and blasting. While this is happening the boils start reappearing.

In order to solve the quest you have to remove all the boil infestations from the markers and race back to the first marker before boils start reinfesting the markers.

I'm really antsy to get on with this and finish the game (I've got to be close!). So, if anyone has conquered this particular quest, I'd love to hear from you!

Help!  :grr:

(OOPS! Wrong board...MOD, please move to Gaming. Thanks!)

• 2 weeks later...

Most walkthrough's are copies of Brokaliv's and don't seem to mention Beauty Line.

SO, I have no idea what you need but I found this:

http://faqs.ign.com/articles/840/840492p1.html

and this one does mention Beauty Knots in Whitecross.

http://www.mycheats.com/view/section/3139172/20207/hellgate__london/pc

Whitecross

Speak to The Sister to get information, and to begin the Test of Beauty. In this test, there is a line of rooms containing “Beauty Knots.” Some are surrounded by Boils, and the boils must be destroyed. Cleanse each of the knots in this manner until you reach the end. Once all of the knots are cleansed, you will once again be transported to an Obelisk. This test can be more difficult for solo players than the previous ones, however. If you find yourself unable to kill the demons fast enough to make progress, let a full group come to you before killing them. Try to finish them at nearly the same moment, with an area of effect attack. Clear the room of boils and then go to the next room, killing boils while ignoring the enemies. Using this tactic, you should be able to complete the test. Afterward, return to Finsbury Square.

Thanks, Amnot. I've been without power for almost a week and finally am getting back to the game. I was just about to enter Whitecross again and thought I'd check to see if anyone had any info for me. You may have just saved the day!