Am i faster than 2/3 the speed of light? ahaha

hayden

Well, as you can guess form the title, the question is: Am i theoretically faster than 2/3 the speed of light. I have been doing some reading lately about the theoretical speed of energy through a wire.

Note i said energy, as i have found out electric current is quite slow..

But as i have found out, the energy which powers our electric devices is rated at an average of 2/3 speed of light from what i can tell anyways.

Further from that, i turned on my heater at the power point the other day and i had in fact pressed the on button on it before there was any power to the device. I then proceeded to push it again and it turned on.

Now from this information i have deduced i am faster than 2/3 the speed of light or at least 1/2, for discrepancies. :P

Would you like to challenge my hypotheses? I do feel the theory is quite sound. ::)

LOL, I like your conclusion.

You're too fast for my brain to analyse. ^^

Though I do feel you probably forgot to account for mechanical latency (if there's a fan or modern flipswitch involved) and for time for the 'electronics' to get going (depending on how 'advanced' your heater is), without more detailed info on your heater I'm finding it hard to come up with better 'negative' theories, so save for those 2, you probably ARE faster than c/2! Dude, you've got some nasty reflexes, remind me never to play an FPS with you. ^_^

lol, i thought you guys would like that. :cyclops: I wonder if theres similar types of completely flawed experiments to prove even sillier things. Like being able to lift a car or something  :P.