Charlie Jade

Finabair

I saw the first episode of this show on June 6, 2008 and was totally lost. Alphaverse? Betaverse? Gammaverse? I sorta "got it" when the words appeared on the screen, but couldn't figure out if Jade was seeing all these Alterverses (my word) at the time they were happening.

So, I decided to do a search on it on the SciFi Channel's website and found out it premeired all over the rest of the English-speaking world in 2004. Now it's here in the US and, well, uh, is it worth watching? Is it still in production with new seasons coming out? If not, did it have a acceptable ending?

And what's with the biddies running the experiment? Sheesh!

Questions, questions!

I'd like to watch it, but the SciFi rewind site doesn't have it...

Yeah, the SciFi Channel has precious little on this one. I did a Google search on it and found a lot of stuff, including YouTube videos...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjRHXgJVQcA

...and Wikipedia entries...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Jade

Evidently, 20 episodes were aired and from what I've ferreted out, only one season was produced with the fan-base clammoring for a second. Dang!

guess i have all 20 ep's then

Were they worth it? I've only seen the first (pilot) episode and missed the next one. I tried to watch it, but there was a lot of sidereal activity happening at my house that night :p

I had to look this one up on Google myself before it came on tv.

There seem to be, at least, 3 main alternate universes. Betaverse is ours with Cape Town. Alphaverse has Cape City and more technology and pollution. Gammaverse may not even have cities. Charlie Jade is from Alphaverse and is trapped in Betaverse. There is someone else from Alphaverse also trapped. She caused the explosion that trapped Charlie. She seems to be a terrorist or freedom fighter. There is a company trying to gain power in all 3 universes. She fights them. A guy named O1(oh-one) seems to be able to travel between universes all by himself. He's a serial killer and a (little?) loony. ;) The creators of the show also tinted the scenes so you can tell which universe you are watching by the the overall tint. Green(alpha), blue(beta) or red(gamma). Probably helped them figure out how to keep things separate themselves.

Charlie Jade also seems to be able to travel or see multiple universes but thinks he's suffering hallucinations.