Max Headroom

Anyone remember Max Headroom?

The show was about the first well done computer animated guy. It is so bad that if you watch it now you would not believe it was a popular show.

The TV show focused on some kid who was a computer geek and Max Headroom who was a guy who lived in the computer and could do various hacker things.

The bad guys were the big TV networks and the big brother government. What is interesting is that the show was prescient about the future. In Max Headroom which was on in the early 80's, they depicted future city life where there is a video camera on street lights. The guys are always sneaking around with Max blanking out the cameras.

Today they got video cameras everywhere. Lots of criminals get arrested because the police go to the local convenience store or ATM and take out the video camera footage and look at it.

The guy that played Max Headroom was a character. Just like any of these computer generated characters, it is really the voice and personality of the person that people like. Max Headroom is just a computer face. C3PO is just a hunk of metal armor. It is the people that voice the characters that is appealing.

This show was campy. I would not say cheesy. Is that the right way round? There were no really bad special effects. The acting was not so good and the sets were scruffy.

I always thought it got kicked off of the air because it was subversive. Towards the end, the storyline began to depict big TV networks as Big Brother. Watching everyone, telling them lies and trying to control them. Real life networks can't have people thinking that so they canned the show.

Max Headroom did coke or dr pepper commercials too. The guy that played him went on to do some TV series and movie stuff. Can't think of his name right this minute.

I Still have some old vhs videos of the first six episodes and would have liked to seen more.

Max Headroom, according to the show was modelled on journalist Edison Carter played by Matt Frewer (who has been loads of things from ST:TNG to The Stand).

Apparently in later episodes Nickolas Grace (The Sheriff from Robin of Sherwood) was a TV exec, but I don't remember any of those episodes

Excellent series. Funny and at the same time very Orwellian in nature with all the technology that was integrated into everyones lives. Amazing how a lot of that is getting to be a part of our lives in this day and age. Kinda scary. Just recently bought a DVD of this that includes both UK and US versions of the pilot episode and it should be interesting to see the difference once I recieve it.

Oh yeah, and can't forget Amanda Pays! (she played Theora Jones) What a cutie! B)

Sweet. I remember that I loved that show when I was a kid (I was like 6 when it first came out) but I sure didn't understand it. SOunds like something that would be well worth the DL nowadays.

YOu can find the season 1 & 2 torrents (2x06 is missing for some reason) at TorrentSpy, and get good speeds (Getting S1 at 300kbs)

Maybe this is the reason I liked the TNG Episode "A Matter of Time"

Guest c4evap
Matt Frewer! That was his name. I liked him. His TV show was funny.

He musta got old. I haven't seen him in anything for some time.

He's currently in a movie (in post-production) called Desperation.

Based on a Stephen King book.

Desperation movie info

He's listed down in the credits.

c4 B)

It was a nice cyberpunk series.

Edison Carter was THE man.

Sad thing is we're living in the world depicted in the series as far as information privacy goes.

Wasn't the hottie in it also in that movie "Leviathan"?

The aged mohawk Punker character was a fave too.